Prologue

Love can make you do crazy things~

Albus' P.O.V

He left. Again. This is the last time. I am ever going to send him a letter. But this time. I'm telling him that if he doesn't come back and change, it's over. I can't be caught up on someone who doesn't care enough about me, or how I feel. But I can't help but feel as though the boy I met in the summer of 1899, is not the same man I see on wanted posters for murder.

He really needs to get himself together. Or is that something I need to do?

Gellert's P.O.V

An owl flies through my window and whacks me in the face with its wing. "Wow, cut the attitude." I mutter under my breath. The pissed off owl drops a letter in my lap with a red wax seal with a familiar bird printed upon it, as the owl pauses to take a sip of my coffee before leaving aggressively out my window. "Bloody owl, drinking my coffee." I grumble in disgust, because I'm definitely not drinking anymore of that. I look at the letter addressed to myself in lovely cursive writing that I feel like I've seen somewhere before. I turn over the letter and open it.

Dear Gellert,

I need you to say something I'm giving up on you. You know I'll be the one if you want me to. Anywhere I would've followed you, but not anymore. Please, I'm begging you! Say something I'm giving up on you. And I am feeling so small. You left like I didn't even matter. It was over my head, I was too naïve to see that. I know nothing at all about who you are as a person. And I will stumble and fall on every single word you have ever said to me. I'm still learning to love just starting to crawl. But you may have broken me.

Say something I'm giving up on you. I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. I feel as though I failed you. Anywhere I would've followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you. And I will swallow my pride, pick myself up and ponder. But you're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something I'm giving up on you. and I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. And anywhere I would've followed you, say something I'm giving up on you.

But you would never listen, would you? And not even surprised if you don't listen to this either.

As if you would say anything! I don't even know why I'm writing this letter! I guess I just hoped that this time you'd care enough to stick around, I guess I was wrong. Why did you decide to date me anyway? Do you realise that maybe, just maybe, I fell in love with you? That leading me on like this would have an effect on me?

I should have known you couldn't care less about me. Goodbye Gellert.

Yours and only Yours, Albus Dumbledore; though not really.

"Shit." I curse, feeling empathy for the man I once had called my lover. "What do I do? I thought he'd wait around!" I look over the letter again and hope that what I read was all a lie. It's not. "Doesn't he realise I love him too?" I say to my cat Sherbies (fur baby name courtesy of Alby) who is sitting at my feet licking her grey tabby paws. "I just have to leave every now and again, (with the whole being wanted by lots of different ministries). Why doesn't he understand that? It's not like he'd want to lead the life I'm living alongside me." Sherbies looks at me like, 'have you ever asked him? because if you're complaining to me and you haven't. I might just hit ya!'

'I've gotta stop letting my cat be my therapist. It really won't work out for me in the end.' Giving a light scratch upon her petite head, I gave her a look of consideration, put on my cloak, and disapparate.

It's time to show Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore how I really feel about him. Because he's got it all wrong.