The Doors that Separate You & Me

The Last Time - No reasons why, just you and me~

Gellert's P.O.V

I seem to find myself at your door, and just like all those many times before; I'm not that sure how I got there. All roads seem to lead me here. In a perfect world I imagine that you are home in your room all alone, and when you open the door, you open your eyes into mine and then everything will feel better. I hesitantly reach out and knock three times on the door and stand back breathing deeply, trying to think of what to say. What on earth could I say to someone who I would keep on leaving and leaving. How can I get him to believe me? I reach hesitantly towards the door and knock three times. A clattering sound comes from within the house, but so much that it seems he is alone.

A set of bright blue eyes appear in a crack of the door "Gellert?" Albus' voice comes from within, muffled by the door. And right before his eyes I'm breaking, no past, no reasons why, just the thought of him and me. "Albus," I say back.

Albus' P.O.V

You seem to find yourself at my door and just like all those times before your face wears your best apology, but I was there to watch you leave. "Albus. May I please come in?" Gellert says softly. "But all those times I let you in just for you to go again. You disappear when you come back and everything things not going to be better.'' I replied. Right before his eyes I'm aching, I could run fast but there's nowhere to hide, just you and me.

Gellert's P.O.V

"This is the last time I'm asking you this, please just let me in. I will explain myself. Just please let me in." I plead. He looks at me for a few seconds with pain in his eyes. He sighs and opens the door wider, stepping back to let me through. We walk through his house and end up in the drawing room. "My brother's not home so relax" Albus mutters. I turn and look at him staring into those deep blue eyes. He looks like he's about to cry. "Albus, I just wanted to come and say that I'm sorry. I hurt you so many times, and I don't expect you to take me back, but I miss you. Every scrap of my being aches when I'm not with you, and it aches knowing the fact that I've hurt you too many times to count. But." I take a deep breath before asking him. "I want you to join my side. I know that when you asked me to join you I said no but, I believe you would be a great help to the cause as my boyfriend and my right hand man."

"Are you being serious right now? I followed you for weeks! And you were always out of my reach. I. Gave. Up. Ok? I gave up a while ago." He finishes with tears in his eyes. "That was you? I thought you were a ministry person trying to capture us!" I gasp, that was him? He was in my reach the whole time? I feel so stupid. "You knew? I thought you guys were moving fast. You know I was going to join you. I stopped caring, okay? I was willing to join you and fight by your side. But of course again, you left."

"I didn't know that it was you Albus!"

Albus P.O.V

"I think that maybe you should leave" I sigh knowing I will have to go back to that cold emptiness of being without him. "No. Albus. Please. I'm not leaving until you come with me"

"Then this is the last time I'm asking you this. Put my name at the very top of your list, above everything else. This is the last time I'm asking you why you seem to break my heart in the blink of an eye."

"Albus, I'm telling you I won't. I'm telling you I will never leave your side." He blurts out desperately. "How do I know you won't leave again? That you won't take your followers and ditch me overnight?"

"Remember that summer, Albus? The summer we met? I told you one of those nights that I would never stop loving you. I never stopped. And I never will. This is my solemn vow, I will never leave you until the day my cold dead body gets ripped out of your hands."

"It was a cruel summer wasn't it? With you?"

"Albus please." he begs

"Gellert. I really think you should leave."

"Fine. This is the last time. I won't hurt you anymore." He says as a tear leaks out of the corner of his eye. He turns and heads through the doorway of the living room and heads through the hallway. My mind whirls with all that he said. I follow him just as he's stepping through the door. I lunged for his hand grasping my hand around it. He turns abruptly. "Gellert, why should I trust you? How can I know that you wont leave me again?"