1.00 - Darden

'House fire, 788 Maple Street

'House fire, 788 Maple Street. Engine 51, truck 81, ambulance 61.'

"Chief!" Harley tied her hair back pulling her boots on as she called loudly to her Chief. Around her the rest of the fire house was in full action. Her family running into their vehicles and getting ready. Se pulled her jacket over her shoulders pulling her Leather-head. With captain and the number 14 plastered across the front.

"Coming Martin." She looked to her side to see her Chief running towards their vehicle.

"Being a bit slow today Martin." Harley rolled her eyes playfully as the teasing voice of lieutenant Severide, AKA her pain in the ass best friend, rang from the window of his vehicle.

"Shut it Severide." He laughed jumping into the Squad engine, and following after truck.

"Martin." Harley nodded her head towards her Chief as she jumped into the passenger side of his car. Now Harley moved around. Sometimes she rode with truck, sometimes squad, sometimes her own car, and sometimes with Boden. It just depends. Today she was riding with her chief. She enjoyed moving around, it gave her opportunities to know every one of her firefighters. She never rode with the ambulance as it didn't have enough space, but the paramedics were like her break from so much testosterone. The sirens wailed as Boden starts racing towards the destination of the fire.

'Yo, Severide, how soon till you can take Darden off my hands?'  Lieutenant Casey's voice came through the radio joking around with Severide. Harley chuckled along with Boden. They were all family.

'Andy makes squad the day after I'm no longer in charge.'  Harley chuckled softly at Kelly's answer.

"Oh, image Darden in Squad." Harley said laughing to Boden. His eyes remain on the road but he had laughs coming from his smiling face.

"Now that would be a sight." Harley laughed looking out the window but frowned when the sight of smoke came in to view.

"Here we go." She muttered sadly, fire were deadly. She knew that best. The vehicle came to a stop behind Truck 51. Harley jumped out racing towards Casey as his men got ready.

"Think there's a guy in the attic." Casey said towards Harley and Kelly. Harley nodded eyes scanning the fire in front.

"Alright. Darden Raise the aerial." Darden nodded to her backing away.

"Got it Captian." She nodded slightly in thanks to Andy watching him briefly before looking to Kelly as e spoke.

"He could be on the stairs, in the hallway, anywhere." Harley nodded at her friend. She may outrank them but she hardly ever pulled rank on them.

"We'll go in back, work our way up." Harley nodded at Kelly, eyes still scanning the fire.

"Case of beer we get to him first." Harley rolled her eyes shoeing him off.

"Just vent the back." Casey said rolling his eyes also at his fellow lieutenant. Harley made her way over to the others helping them set up the hoses quickly.

'This is chief Boden. Want an inch and 3/4 on the front. Need two 2 1/2s on the neighbours' houses. I want my entrance through the rear and ground ladders to the roof.' The chiefs voice came though the radio.

"You guys good?" She got thumbs up, letting her run over to the ladder. She watched form the base of the aerial as Casey and Darden climbed up.

'Severide, do we have a vent?'  Casey voice came through the radio. Harley frowned, somethings not right.

"Darden, Casey wait!" She called out, Casey looked to Darden seeing what he was about to do.

"Darden, wait." But it was too late, darden broke the glass. Harley waited for a second and saw no Flames. Relief flooded her body as she sighed, Kelly must have vented.

"We're good." Darden climbed through the window seeing it was safe, Harley sighed climbing up the ladder but stoped a quarter way as Kelly's voice came trough.

'Casey, there is no vent.'  Harley's eyes widened, but it was to late, Casey suddenly dropped down and a massive flame came out of the window. Harley dropped luckily missing the flames, but realisation settled in her mind.

Darden.

"Casey?" She called but the Lieutenant dropped his head. 

No. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .