1.03 - Sides

Harley unties her hair standing next to Kelly, he's got his shirt off and is not to happy, he ended up in the water and was now having to get dressed

"So the driver..." Harley sighs, leaning against the vehicle looking back at Kelly.

"You should leave it Kelly." He scoffs, looking down at her.

"So you're not going to do anything." Harley shrugged looking away from him.

"It was a simple mistake." She replies, not wanting to get into it knowing Kelly's temper.

"A simple mistake can be life or death." He counters Harley sighs, looking back to him. He looks to Casey as he walks around.

"Severide," she warns but It goes ignored by Kelly.

"Hey. Guy in the water? How about a guy with his head up his ass?" Kelly jumps down form the back of the truck looking to Casey. Harley throws her head back.

"Oh my god." She mutters.

"You handle your firefighters. I'll handle mine."

"That's a good theory, Casey. How about giving it a try?" Really Kelly? Harley stands up watching the two.

"Know what? I'm getting real tired of your Bull, Severide." Casey walks forward getting closer to Kelly, this is taking a turn.

"I don't give a damn what you're tired of."

"Hey. That's enough." Harley walks forward trying to stop them. "You two will run laps." most of the fire house was watching now.

"Oh so you're on his side?" Kelly scoffs looking at Harley.

"Holy shit I can't with you-" she was cut off by Casey.

"Real mature Severide." Somehow when Harley tried to stop the fight she ended up in it.

"Hey!" Boden's voice stops them. Harley a looks over to the chief as he hits the punching bag hard. "I thought you all should know I am gonna fight that Dick Olmstead who slept with my wife in Saturday's drop-a-cop. Or we could all just throw the gloves on right now, beat the hell out of each other. Maybe when the mayor comes on Saturday that's what he sees. Truck versus squad-- old as the CFD, so deal with it. We all lost Darden a month ago Friday. And that ain't changing. So maybe we should." 

Harley sighs watching the two Lieutenants as they walk away after the stern talking from Boden. She throws her head back retreating to her office. She just can't catch a break.

————————————————————————————————————

Harley watches as Casey walks away towards his car form her office window. She sighs grabbing her phone out form her back pocket, she scrolls to the bottom of her contacts before clicking on a number and ringing.

'Hey Harley,' Hallie's voice comes through her phone. 'What's up?' Harley place her pen down on the desk. Sighing a little looking back to Matt's car that was driving away.

"You talk to Matt?" She hears a hesitation on Hallies end.

'Not in a couple days.'

"You should check in with him. You two need to talk."

'You think?' Harley bits her lip listening to her friends answer.

"Yeah, you two need to stop beating around the bush. Either you two are together or you're not Hallies. You two owe it to each other to find out." Harley replies softly careful not to offend her.

'Alright, i'll swing past. Thanks Harls.'

'Anytime Hal." Harley hung up the phone just in time as Kelly knocked on her window.

"Hey you ready?" Harley looks up raising an eyebrow at him. Wasn't he just pissed at her a second ago. He sighs leaning against the door frame. "Harley I'm sorry. I was just pissed." Harley scoffed.

"You've been pissed a lot recently." She counters, Kelly gives her a look of begging.

"Yeah I know Harls, just... please." Harley leans back looking at him for a second before standing up.

"You're lucky you're cute." Severide smiles teasingly.

"Oh you think I'm cute?" She rolls her eyes shoving her best friend as she grabbed her bag. "Does that mean you love me?" Harley scoffed as his voice went high pitch, she closed her office door walking to is car with him.

"You wish." He laughed before they got into his car driving back to the apartment him, Shay and Harley shared. 

Somethings never change. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .