1.02 - Water

Harley walks out of her office walking into the kitchen/lounge room

Harley walks out of her office walking into the kitchen/lounge room. When she walks out she's met with Casey putting money onto a pile. She sighs noticing it's lunch time. She digs into her pocket pulling some out before throwing it on the pile.

"Otis, what happened to your tour?" Harley's eyes widen turning around.

"Oh please tell me you didn't lose them. I'm not dealing with more paperwork Otis." Otis puts up his hands as if to try and calm her.

"Relax, Our new candidate." Harley's eyebrows furrow. As does Casey's, he looks to her and she shrugs. She didn't know the candidate was here. He sighs walking away. Harley turns around to Herman.

"So what's for lunch." Herman looks up and smiles.

"Thank you Martin for asking. It's my famous Stir Fry-" he's cut off by a collective groans from the entire room. Harley covers her mouth with her hand to keep her laugh unseen. "What!" He yells at the room.

"Herman we've had stir fry for 3 shift now" Cruz says, Harley smiles looking to cruz.

"And it looks like you are gonna have it for a 4th." She turns back to Herman with a smile. "Thanks Herman," Herman points to her.

"And thats why Cap here's my favourite." Harley laughs but is cut off by the inter comm.

'Pin-In accident. Columbus Drive Bridge. Ambulance 61, engine 51, truck 81. Squad three.' She groans putting her files on the bench. Running to gear up. She grabs her jacket and Leather head running to the Apparatus. She runs towards severide pulling her hair back.

"Severide, can I ride with you?" He turns around at her voice as he grabbed his leathered.

"Anytime Martin." Harley jumps in the back.

"Aye! Martins joining us." Harley rolls her eyes at the members of the squad.

"Just drive you doofuses."

.....................

Harley sighs as they pull up. It was two cars beside the edge of the bridge. They were bashed against each other and smoke coming form the engines. Harleys eyes flick to the crowd of people who were standing by. Harley jumps out of the squad engine walking towards Casey. She tapped Kelly's shoulder in thanks running towards Casey to get briefed.

"Mother and daughter both responsive, second car no driver." Harley nods, pulling on the handle, but the door doesn't open. Casey calls for squad to get the Jaws not getting a good look from Kelly. Harley grabs her radio.

"This is Captian Martin, I'm gonna to need two more ambulances and a helicopter." There's a static before a reply.

'Copy that Captian, being despatched now.' Harley lets go of the radio walking over to the engine. The dripping fuel catches her eyes.

"We're leaking fuel!" She calls, she sees Herman drop to the floor looking under the car. Dawson attends to the little girl but the door is still jammed.

"Guys can I get this door open." she asks the squad members getting a nod in reply, she goes to help but stops when she hears Mouch yell.

"He's in the water. He's in the water!" She turns around looking to Mouch.

"Who?" He looks at Harley, pointing to the second car.

"The driver. He was ejected."

"Severide, We think we got one in the river. Go." He nods going back to his engine grabbing his squad.

"We're on it!" Harley walks toward were they are getting the motor out of the car. Harley runs over helping them get her out.

"Madeline. Madeline." The mother freaks out.

"Miss your daughters going to be fine. We are getting her out." Harley attempts to calm the mother down. she nods to gabby as she hops in the front and They help her up walking her over to Shay.

"Thanks Shay." Harley runs back over to see what she can do. She doesn't get far as the first car engine catches fire. She runs back helping truck 81 with the water. The cars fire goes out and Harley's radio crackles before a voice comes through.

'We got the driver. He's in custody.' Harley sighs grabbing her radio.

"Cancel the dive. No one is in the water." Casey and Mouch look to her, she gives Mouch a look of 'it's fine' before walking away.

'Are you sure?' Kelly's voice comes through the radio, Harley grabs it pressing down.

"Yep, come back up. Lets pack it up."

'Copy that.' Harley sighs, fantastic.

"Let's go pack it up!" 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .