1.05 - Little Candidate

Harley walked into the kitchen walking away from the firefighters who were teasing Mills, she laughed to herself as she saw a certain someone in the kitchen

"Is that Matt Casey in the kitchen?" Matt looked up smiling as she walked in, he was cutting up vegetables and putting them on a tray.

"Yeah, it's been a while. Thought I should let the guys have a break from stir fry..." he chuckled slitty looking past her watching a couple men pile in. He leaned closer to her with a smirk. "Don't tell Herman." He whispered, Harley's smile widened before dropping in a series one nodded her head.

"Of course Lieutenant." He shook his head laughing. The truck members slowly piled in sitting around. Mills of course looked anywhere but at the Captain already embarrassed. But Mills wanted coffee. He made his way up standing next to Harley pouring himself a cup before walking away. Harley pursed her lips trying not to burst out laughing. Matt looked up eyebrows furrowed looking back to his candidate and at Harley.

"What was that about?" Harley removed her hand that was covering her smile, small laughs passing her lips.

"That was the embarrassed little candidate who assumed that Captian Martin was a man." Casey laughed throwing his head back shaking it.

"Oh no, what did you do." Harley scoffed jokingly throwing her hand over her chest.

"Why do you think I did something? He was the one who came over to me and hit on me, you know I should feel offended Matt. I'm offended." Casey shook his head at his friend rolling his eyes.

"I'm not dealing with a heart broken candidate." Harley gaped at him leaning over to shove him lightly. 

"Rude." Harley chuckled turning walking not the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water. She looked up seeing Mills ask Otis how long he was a candidate.

"How long were you the candidate here?" Mills asked, Harley smiled watching Otis answer.

"Not long, four years." Otis smiled teasing the newbie. Harley found it hilarious but her smile widened at Otises next sentence. "And that was without hitting on the Captian." She turned around smiling watching Casey continue to cook.

"I can't believe we're gonna miss the fights tonight."

"Well, that's just as well, 'cause I just found out he fought golden gloves."

Harley sighed looking at the chief.

"That was like 20 years ago, chief." She told him, Cruise added on to her signalling to Boden she was correct.

"We gotta tape it or something. We gotta see it." Harley smiled still trying to convince Boden to fight.

"He made the best chicken parmigiana I ever put in my mouth." Harley smiled looking at mouch, before turning to Casey who sent her a look.

"Don't." He warned and Harley shut her mouth. Everyone gathered around eating, Casey was still in the kitchen putting a fresh plate out when squad came in.

"Have at it." Kelly stared at the food looking at Casey before grabbing an apple and walking away. Harley went to walk after him but her phone rang stopping her. She sighed looking at Matt who nodded walking after Kelly. Harley Walked towards her office, picking up the phone as she went.

"Martin."

"Harley, its Hank."

"Hank? Why aren't you calling me from your phone?" She opened her office door sitting down placing her plate of food on her desk.

"Just got back form a bust, I'm using the departments phone." Harley hummed into the phone taking a bite of her food. "Just wanted to check in and see how my favourite Niece is doing."

"I'm your only niece, Hank." Harley laughed, smiling wildly as she heard his chuckle. "Doing great, firehouse's been different since Darden."

"Hope things settle down." They talked for a bit, catching up before she heard another voice on his end. "Look I've got to run, got to call your brother. I'll call when your off shift."

"Alright, talk then."

"Love you." The phone hung up before Harley could speak. She pulled the phone down from her ear.

"Love you too." Harley turned the phone off, flipping it over. Moving her empty plate to the side she grabbed her pen looking at the paperwork that had been sitting on here desk for about a week. She probably stared at it for around 3 seconds before banging her head on the table. Before deciding to just lay her head on her arms closing her eyes.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Harley didn't know how much time had past, but next thing she knew was Casey was knocking at her door, an amused expression on his face as she lifted her head abruptly.

"Woah, didn't mean to wake you." He laughed, apologetic look in his eyes yet a shit eating grin on his face.
"Wake me, please I was never asleep." She tried to play off rubbing her head. "What's up?"

"We're swinging past to see Boden fight, you in." He said, pointing his thumb in the direction of the trucks.

"Hell ya." She said jumping up. "Let's see Chief teddy bear kick Olmstead's ass."

.....................

Hi Again,

Hi Again,

Been a very long time. So sorry for that.

This story I have so many ideas for but its just hard to get them written down.

Hope you enjoy this short chapter.

Lots of Love,

Enna