4

It's 10:00 PM and the restaurant has just closed. There are no more customers and all the staff has already left except for Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu. The three used to be the last to go home. They will be going to stay for a little while before leaving the restaurant. All they going to do is just talk about how tiring their all-day cooking is. And then after that, they will brag about who has the most cuts on their fingers.

"I have three cuts on my right index finger", Jeongyeon raised her hand as she was the first one who bragged about her wounds. Chaeyoung didn't give up, she also showed Jeongyeon and Tzuyu her two cuts on the left index and three cuts on the thumb finger. "I have more cuts than you", Chaeyoung smirked as she acted cool in front of her friends.

Tzuyu left for a while and when she came back she was carrying a med kit. Looking unbelievably at her friends and gave a little chuckle. "Come on, you two should stop doing things like that. Having a wound is not a competition to be bragged of." Tzuyu gets an ointment and put it on them. After that, she wrapped all the wounded fingers with a band-aid. "Next time, be more careful if you want all your fingers to stay complete", the tall girl added.

Being a Chef is dealing with a difficult time both physically and mentally. It's hard physically because you have to stand and move around in a kitchen for hours on end. Also, it's hard mentally because working in a kitchen was stressful. There are bound to be times when the tickets start to pile up and you have to rush to put out orders. The concentration required to get the meals out on time. The most important is to make sure that all your customers were satisfied with the foods you'll going to serve.

"How about you? Do you have wounds?", Jeongyeon held both Tzuyu's hands to check if there was one. But all she saw were scars that came from when Tzuyu was just a novice in the kitchen before.

All of a sudden, Tzuyu heard a couple of noises nearby.  "Have you checked the kitchen already?", she asked.

The last thing they should've always done is checked the kitchen before leaving the place. The kitchen is the heart and soul of your restaurant. The three went to the kitchen together after noticing the lights there were still on and the door was slightly open.

"Yah! Jeong! I thought you already turned off all the lights there?", Chaeyoung pushed Jeongyeon towards the kitchen door. A short scream came out of Jeongyeon's mouth when she saw that there was still someone inside the kitchen.

"Appa! You startled me! Why are you still here?", Jeongyeon caught her breath as she approach her father who was busy preparing food.

"What question is that? Isn't that obvious? Because it is my restaurant and I owned this. Am I not allowed here at this hour?", Mr. Yoo Chang-joon said to her daughter. He then looked at the two girls at the back and smiled softly. "Hey, you two..Why haven't you come home yet and rested?", Mr. Yoo Chang-joon asked.

"We are about to. But we just heard a noise here in the kitchen that's why we came here to check it first before leaving the restaurant." Tzuyu explained.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung was already beside Mr. Yoo, drooling as she watched how the middle-aged man preparing delicious food. "Uncle Chang-Joon what are you cooking?", Chaeyoung asked while her eyes twinkled in excitement.

"tteok-galbi", (grilled short rib patties)

"Done. Grab some!" Mr. Yoo offered. The girls get their forks and have a taste. The excitement on their faces was visible. The three were satisfied as they savored the food. "This is the last time you girls will taste my cooking", Mr. Yoo, with a smile on his face, staring as she waited for the girl's reaction to what he said.