Chapter Fourteen: Two Broken Hearts

Malia's Pov

As soon as I got home I ran upstairs and bolted inside my bedroom.

I shut my bedroom door before practically throwing myself onto my bed. As soon as my body made contact with my bed, I broke down.

Tears streamed down my face as broken and loud sobs escaped my lips. I buried my face into my pillow and clenched my fists at my sides.

Too many emotions were running through me that I couldn't think straight. It was all too much.

How could Wyatt do this to me?

How could he break my heart like this?

How could he make me go through another heartbreak after he promised he wouldn't hurt me like Ben did?

How could I have been so stupid to trust him?

I finally let someone in after what I went through back at Auradon.

I let someone put me back together after Ben broke me for leaving me for Mal.

And now, I'm left completely and utterly broken because I was stupid to give Wyatt a chance. 

I was stupid to give my love life another chance after what happened with Ben.

I'm not going to let myself be stupid. I'm not going to let anyone in again. Especially not Wyatt.

He better stay the hell away from me and Emily because after today, I want nothing to do with him.

He brought this upon himself and now he has to deal with the consequences.

A sigh escaped my lips as I sat up from my bed. I wiped the tears away from my eyes before getting up from my bed.

I walked towards my drawer and opened it up. I took out my pack of cigarettes and my lighter.

I shut the drawer before heading outside to my balcony.

I took out a cigarette and lit it up. Once that was done I drew in a breath before breathing out, removing the cigarette from my lips.

 Once that was done I drew in a breath before breathing out, removing the cigarette from my lips

I can't remember the last time I did this.

Of course, I didn't smoke when I was pregnant with Emily. I'd never do something as irresponsible as that.

However, after Emily was born, that's when I began smoking.

At that time I was still depressed and heartbroken. Ben and Mal had done that to me. Especially Ben. 

It didn't last that long, though. Addison and Zed found out about it one day.

They didn't judge me. But they made me promise to quit because they knew that smoking was bad and the last thing they wanted was for me to end up in the hospital.

I agreed, mainly because I didn't want to end up in the hospital. I had to think about not only myself, but Emily too.

"Malia" I heard Addison speak from behind me.