+*•~𝓥𝓘~•*+

~•*+{<|||>}+*•~

[Vanellope]

"Let me get this straight, you don't know how to drive," Ralph said with an annoyed face as he lay upside down. I shrug, "Well, no, not technically. I just thought that-," I couldn't finish before Ralph got up and spoke. "What did you think?! 'Oh, I'll just MAGICALLY win the race just because I really want to!'," he said as he pretended to be me as he skipped around. I glared as I sat down in my seat and messed around with the steering wheel. "Look wise guy, I KNOW I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code," I say as Ralph groans. "That's it! I'm never getting my medal back!" he exclaimed as he rubbed his face. I get out of my kart and try to get it unstuck. I groan, "What is the big whoop about that crumby medal anyway?" He turned around with raised brows. "The big WHOOP? Well, this may come as a shock to you, but in MY game, I'm the bad guy. And I live in the garbage," he says with a glare. I smiled at him, "Cool!" and continue to get my kart unstuck.

"No, NOT cool. Unhygienic, and lonely, and boring. And that CRUMBY MEDAL was gonna change that. I go home with that baby around my neck and I'll get a penthouse, pies, ice sculptures, fireworks," Ralph rants. I look over at him with a confused look as I glitch in confusion. He sighs, "It's grown-up stuff, you wouldn't understand." I stand up, "No, I get it. That's exactly what racing would do for (Y/N) and me," I say with a small smile. I then remembered (Y/N) and frown. "I wish she was still here, she would know what to do," I say as I sit down. Ralph sighs, "Me too, but guess what?" I look up and stand up. "What?"

"NEWS FLASH! NEITHER ONE OF US IS GETTING WHAT WE WANT!" he exclaims as he stomps his foot hard, making me glitch. We then heard a big explosion sound and Ralph tensed up. "What was that?" he asks as he starts walking over to where the sound came from, I followed him. He stopped when he saw a sign. " 'Diet Cola Hot Springs'? 'Watch Out For Falling Mentos'?" he said with a confused tone. I smile and grab a nearby rock. "Yeah, watch this!" I say as I get a run-and-start and throw the rock up and hit one of the mentos, making it fall into the lava. When it fell, it made a giant geyser into the air, making some of the splashes lands on Ralph's foot. He yelped in pain, "Yeah, you gotta watch out for that splash, that stuff is BOILING hot." He let go of his foot and stood normally, "Yeah, I got that. So, what is this dump?"

"I think it's some sort of unfinished bonus level," I say as we both look around the giant room. I look up at him. "Yeah, it's kinda cool. (Y/N) found that secret opening, and now we live here. Oh see, look, look, look, look!" I quickly run over to where our 'room' was and jump on our bed. "Welcome to our home!" I grab one of (Y/N)'s candy wrappers and wrap myself up. "We wrap ourselves in these little candy wrappers and bundle ourselves up like we're little homeless ladies. I like to use (Y/N)'s since hers are more comfortable, don't tell her though," I say with a teasing smile at the end and lay back down. Ralph had a sad frown. "By yourselves? With all of this garbage around you?" he asks as he motions to the room. I slowly rise up, "Well, yeah. I mean, everyone here says that we're just mistakes and that we weren't even meant to exist. What do you expect?" I say as I start to fiddle with my hands and stare down at the blanket that belonged to my best friend, who was like my mother.

"Listen, kid, I know it's none of my business, but why do you both stick around in this game?" Ralph asks. I barely even look up at him, "You really don't know a thing, do you?" I whisper. "Glitches can't leave their game," out of sadness, I lay down on my back. "It's one of the joys of being us. (Y/N)'s just always been here for me. Heck, she'll be there for anybody," I say as I look at a picture of the both of us when we first found our home. Smiling, hugging each other as she holds me on her side, like how a mother does when she is holding her kid. "You must really love her, don't you?" Ralph asked with a sad smile. I look over at him and smile back at him. "Yeah, she's like my mother. I've never got to tell her that, and I'm scared that now I will never get to tell her that," I say as I grab the picture and hug it close to my chest.