Chapter Two

After breakfast we got ready to go to school. Our first day back after Christmas break. The most romantic vacation for me. Me and Fred would go up onto the roof and do some “things” which made everything perfect for the holidays. But now we were in the train station. As we neared platform “9”  I stared at the wall in which the Hogwarts students would have to run through. Ginny went first, while Ron followed, then George, me, and finally Fred. On the other side we ran for the train. The whistle  was sounding which meant soon it would leave. “Run Alex!” Fred yelled as he was keeping pace with me. Pushing harder off my feet, I moved faster and made it over to the men who took your bags. The attendant took mine and Fred’s last as the train started to pull away. “No!” I yelled.  Fred quickly jumped on into the luggage cart and held out his hand to me.  “C’mon Alex,” he yelled.  Twisting around, I began to run after the train. As the speed grew greater and greater I didn’t know what to do.

“George! Alex is still out there. Grab my waist!” Fred yelled. I caught a glimpse of George and then watched as Fred’s body popped out of the cart. 

“Gimme your hand!” he shouted. I outstretched my hand and locked it with his. Now the train was almost out of the station. I was pushing through people and was stumbling. “Pull George!” he call out over the loud roar of people. Then with one great tug, I was pulled inside the cart. I closed my eyes and felt as I hit the cart’s ground. Slowly I opened one eye and saw Fred next to me. “Haha, sorry bout’ that,” I said. Fred only smiled and sat up. 

“Wow, that was exciting!” George said.  I rolled my eyes in a good way then sat up as well. As I did so, I saw Emma push George out of the way. Emma is my best friend and George’s girlfriend.

“Are you alright?” she asked me. I nodded once and then rubbed my head. “Just a bump to my head is all. Plus Fred is the one who was hanging out of a train.”

“Well as long as your both okay…” 

Together me and Fred got to our feet and walked out of the luggage cart and into the sitting carts. There was an empty one at the back so we just sat there. I sat next to the window and Emma did the same on the other side. Fred took a seat next to me and George on Emma’s side.

“So Emmie, what was you holiday like? Mine was sooooo boring. I could never get any sleep at all! Mostly because Fred and Alex over there would sneak up onto the roof at two in the morning and-”

“Okay! That’s enough outta you George!” I said changing the subject. I then pulled out my wand and flicked it once. Then George’s lips grew a zippper and it closed on him. “Mmmmmhmmm!” he mumbled. “Ahhhhh. Much better.” I said. 

“Alex! Why did you do that?” Emma yelled.

“Oh so you want to hear what me and Fred do?”

“No, I just want to talk to my boyfriend thank you.”

“Fine,” I said as I twisted my wand into a circle once making the zipper disappear.  George flexed his mouth and then started to blab away again. 

“Well other than that I got this for Christmas! It’s a locket. It’s enchanted so you can wear it and you can undo a spell. Any spell to! Even if it’s illegal.” he said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden locket with ancient writing on it. Emma’s eyes widened. 

“I do hope you never have to use it.” she said. Not really caring what else was being said I looked out of the window and saw that we were passing Eldric’s Lake. A memorable place for me. The lake was frozen and was covered in snow. The houses around it were big and had Christmas lights hanging from the roof’s and one even had a charmed Santa decoration flying around a house. Then I felt as Fred placed his hands on my shoulders

“It’s okay.” he said. Yes. This….. This place is where I lived not to long ago. About last spring me and my parents were walking to the lake when we were attacked and somehow they were both killed while I was left alive. I contacted the ministry but they were unable to find anything to tell for certain what killed them. So they wanted me to be put up for adoption but thanks to Fred, his mum and dad took me in. Now I’m a Weasley.  Taking a deep breath I turned away and saw everyone looking at me. They all seemed a bit sad. I don’t know if it was for me, but I didn’t want to know. “Aren’t you sad?” George asked. 

“George!” Both Fred and Emma yelled. But I could tell they all wanted to know.

“Course. But if I would let that weigh me down I would be nothing now would I?” I said slowly.

After I said that I felt sad inside and I felt as if I was going to cry. Holding back my tears I leaned onto Fred’s shoulder and closed my eyes. “I think I’m going to take a nap. I’m rather tired and I think I need to relax a bit.”

“Go ahead.” Fred said brushing some of my hair out of my face. Closing my eyes I fell asleep.