6 || Last Resort

Aleyna

Song: Don't Bryson Tiller

Never, I mean never have I felt this amount of fear in my life. Weighing out everything that happened since the moment I was born into this evil world to this, now sitting across from a man that's so dark and mysterious he might as well be the devil.

For all I know he probably is, I force my eyes up as they immediately meet his. I try me best to mask and shake away my fear but it seems futile as I see a small satisfied grin under his lips, His dark blue eyes stare back at me with complete impatience as thought im a complete waste of his time.

I've never been the brightest in this sense, my fight or flight sense, I always choose flight and right now all I wanted to do was run.

Run far away from him, away from this club and the people in it, yet most importantly run away from this city. I hate it here I can't stand it here I hated the person I was when I was here and I still hate the person I am today when I'm in this city.

It litterly has a spell on me.

All I have ever done was use my flight sense my entire life. But I stopped doing that when I was in New york. I don't know why because it's just another city, but clearly not for something deep down in my body because when i'm here all I can do is flight.

"what do you want" he grits out as I immediately release a breath I did not know I was holding as he broke that dead long silence taking a puff of his cigar, no longer looking at me.

That's it he's gonna kill me if I don't get it together this is for you Niya I finally say to myself as I quickly yet slowly blurt the next words out my mouth, go big or go home right?

"To work for you" I innocently blurt out, fear clear in my voice yet he doesn't say anything not a word, he just takes another puff of his cigar looking down from his view of the club before he gets up to the mini bar to pour himself a glass of what I think is hennessy or whisky or scotch or-my God i'm such a mess right now .

Yet I don't get it I mean I just accepted his offer the one he gave me meaning he wanted me to take it right- or everything was just a big fat-

"why" he cuts me out of my thoughts while taking a sip of whatever is in his glass as I watch his tatted throat bob from the liquor his tattoos move too.

"what" I respond in a small tone as I divert my eyes back to him, he grunts in frustration as he walks back to his large couch. He sets his glass down in his large tattooed hand as he leans forward to me his elbows resting on his knees.

Great this is even more intimidating, "you make me talk a lot" I look up to him to find his gaze already on me, sending shivers down my spine. "I just want the job can I have it or not" I genuinely ask him.

He seems just a bit taking back by my boldest as the next thing he says just pisses me off, "so she speaks" he teases with a small smirk on his lips until he sets his drink down looking over the club once more. "where you from"

"The suburbs of miami" lie

"name" he demands eyeing me wearily "Ali" I respond that's techanily was not a full lie. I dislike lying always since I was a child, I was never good at it and would always get in trouble for my horrible lying so I simply just stopped completely that is until now.

And when he raises a brow tilting his head to the side I find myself not able to look away, "why are you accepting my offer" he speaks eyeing me sceptacully.

I hate it, it's like he's reading right through me, like he knows i'm full of shit but for some odd reason letting me get away with it. which makes me question his entire motive.