Chapter 10

...

A year has passed now and now I have become eight and Rudeus seven.

"You're going to what now, Rudeus?" I asked him.

"I want to get a job. You saw the letter miss Roxy sent us. She's become a Water King-class magician. I know how talented you are, but in order to attend Ranoa Magic Academy, I need money." He said.

It seems like he's feeling left behind. I realized. I certainly understand why. I hadn't advanced much in growing my sword techniques or magic, simply just training to keep them sharpened. However, I have advanced significantly with my powers and abilities, mastering Junghyeok Yu's powers, my Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, and mastering Arthur Leywin's powers up to just before his training arc with the 'gods'.

I hadn't advanced much with Rimuru Tempest or Bahm.

However, as for my family, I eventually made a promise to the ladies. After their confession (yes, even Raven), I had told them that I can't accept their confession because of two reasons: 1, technically speaking we are all underaged or rather we can't really do anything so that's off the table. 2, I can't accept because I love and care about all of them so I can't choose one.

However, they all said that they would wait and that they don't mind being with me all at once. The fact that girls my age (8) or older saying this told me just how common it was for people to hold multiple partners at once here. In fact, I recently heard about how Lilia, Paul, and Zenith were in a polygamous relationship now instead of it just being Paul and Zenith. Which officially made Lilia Paul's second wife.

So I promised that when the time comes, I would marry them all. It was the least I could do. I even sent a letter informing Roxy of my decision and she made sure she would be part of that group of women. I had also perfected my project of creating long-distance communication devices, also known as LCD's. So I sent what was essentially a magical flip-phone to her.

I really am a player, aren't I? When I'm of legal age to these girls, about 15, I'm going to be married to seven women. What the hell?

I have talked extensively with Roxy and Serena about this whole debacle and they even said how if I wish to take on more partners, I just have to make sure to introduce them to the rest and marry them. We also have to be serious about each other. Flings won't be tolerated.

Which makes sense to me considering they're even ok with sharing me to begin with. In fact, I even had the feeling that they wanted me to have more. It was odd. Did they just expect me to have more?

Regardless, with that all settled, even though we aren't together in that way still, the women who were older mentally still didn't hold back on teasing me or flat out flirting with me. The younger ones tried emulating them but they also understood that mentally, I was an adult and they were not.

So it was Sooyoung, Yooseung, Serena, Roxy (when I called her), and sometimes Raven that would openly flirt with me. Although I wasn't really affected by Raven because she's only thirteen.

Sooyoung and Yooseung only messed me up a few times because mentally, they were in their late twenties. So I naturally pictured them as such despite them not physically being that way.

Regardless, I continued my talk with Rudeus, "Right, I understand that, but you could just ask your father to do it, couldn't you?" I asked.

Rudeus shook his head, "It's not about that. Seeing you become a better person, overcoming your trauma... it makes me want to do the same. No, it means I need to. So I want to take a step toward my goal of going to Ranoa Magic Academy with my own hands. I'm going to ask my dad to help me find a job."