OVA Part 2: Roxy Migurdia

Roxy sighed as she glanced back at the Greyrat household and smiled at the young boys standing outside, waving her off. Rudeus had a perverted grin as usual, while that boy Hans had a slightly pained expression, but one of acceptance. It was similar to the look one would have when they were on the verge of accepting a close relative’s death.

Roxy smiled at Hans more than Rudeus, although she hadn’t noticed when or why just yet.

She's noticed she's kept her eyes on the young boy and that it was more than just because she cared for him.

I wonder why…

After a year later, she received a letter from the Greyrat family talking about more creations of Hans, including some sort of device that allowed people to talk to one another across entire nations. But it was still a work in progress.

Seriously… At this point I don't see how Hans won't become one of the Seven Great Powers at the rate he's going at. Meanwhile I'm still just… Roxy thought to herself, growing mad with her inferiority complex.

But then she remembered what Hans had told her one night, before she left.

"Roxy… listen to me. There will always be those above you. However, you want to become the strongest and I understand that feeling perfectly. But what you need to do first is focusing on what you're good at. Which is working hard and teaching others. You are a remarkable woman and someone I genuinely believe can go on to become a King-tier mage or someone beyond that. But beating yourself up over every little mistake won't do you any good if you want to achieve your dreams." Hans turned to her and gazed into her eyes.

If she hadn't picked up on the clues, she might have missed it, but now that she was looking into his eyes, she could for sure tell that the soul within that boy was much older.

Her eyes widened at the care and understanding within this young boy’s eyes. Tears started flowing down her cheeks and she tackled the boy in a hug.

Roxy sighed but smiled happily. She smacked her hands against her face and a bright yet determined expression crossed over her face. She looked up at the sky and looked at her hand and gripped it. I'll become stronger, no matter what! I'll do it so I won't have to deal with this complex of mine and prove I can stand by your side, Hans! Even though I probably won't be your only lover… I still must become the best of myself.

Roxy grinned and ran back inside of the castle she was tutoring in to go grab a book about magic to become better and grow.

Little did she know, because of Hans's influence and her great determination, Roxy would go on to become a Water Emperor-tier Mage. But that's a story for another time.

A/N: I know that this one was shorter than last time but this is a main character from Mushoku Tensei. I didn't really know what else to do besides show what has changed about her from the canon story.

Also, side note here, I'm going to the US Navy bootcamp here soon so I won't be able to post anything for a long while once I enter bootcamp... I think. Probably. I expect and will be working my ass off over there and I will have to move at the drop of a dime, so I don’t really know what to expect. But I will try to publish all the OVAs before the next official chapter, which won't be released until I’m probably in bootcamp.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Ja Ne!