8. Power

'Sword!' Daemon demanded.

'Prince Daemon Targaryen wishes to continue in a contest of arms!' Master of revels declared to the crowd as they started a hand to hand, sword to sword duel. The men grunted as they shuffled around the sandy ground, the crowds cheering echoing with the clattering of their swords.

'Yield. Yield.' Daemon said calmly, he was on his back, Cole's sword pointed down at him but Daemon just chuckled.

'Gods. He's Dornish.'

'I was hoping to ask for the Princess's favor.' Cole said coming up to the viewing box, Rhaenyra smiled down at him.

'I wish you luck, Ser Criston.' Rhaenyra said dropping her crown down

'Princess.' He replied with a charming smile.

+

'Congratulations, Your Grace. You have a son.' Mellos said as the baby was delivered. The baby started to cry but then his cries subsided as well. Gaena stared at Aemma's dead body, her blood dripping onto the ground.

'It's a boy?' Viserys said happily

'A new heir, Your Grace.' Mellos confirmed 'Had you and the Queen chosen a name?'

'Baelon.' Viserys said happily but the baby didn't survive.

+

They stood silently as the wind whipped around them and the waves crashed against the shores. Rhaenyra stared at her mother and brother. Dead. Waiting to be burned. She stared at her father, tears in his eyes as a sob left his lips he did this. He killed them both with his choices.

'They're waiting for you.' Daemon remarked.

'D...' Rhaenyra began and Syrax gave a low growl from the top of the hill. Rhaenyra put an arm on her father easing him back as she spoke louder, her voice breaking as she spoke.

"I can do it." Gaena offered and Rhaenyra nodded. Alicent grabbed her hand as Rhaenyra stepped back, Gaena's eyes looked to Otto for a brief moment before she looked to Syrax. Gaena didn't have a dragon of her own but she knew how to fly with daemon and Viserys when he had Balerion, she knew the commands and she always wanted one. But at her age, it was unlikely. She felt like she held so much power when she was commanding a dragon. She just hated that she had to do this, that they had to burn them both.

'Dracarys.' Gaena declared. Syrax climbed down and in a blazing heat of dragon fire burned Baelon and Aemma. With heavy breaths they watched them burn.

+

''They said the baby was breeched Vis.' Gaena reminded him he nodded. ''Who was to say that she survived or the baby either way.'' Gaena offered and viserys looked back at her sorrow on his face. ''Viserys you are my big brother and I love you. Dont beat yourself up over this. Im confident from what maester mellos told me that you didnt do anything wrong.''

''I chose to cut her open.'' viserys corrected

''The baby was stuck. There was no getting him out.'' Gaena corrected. ''Aemma couldnt let him live in her forever. She would have died either way viserys.''

''You think that?''

'I do. I know this is hard but don't make things harder on yourself.'' Gaena begged. ''Give me some if the burden to bear. Let me help you carry the weight of the world.''

+

'Where's Rhaenyra?'

'Your Grace. This is the last thing any of us wish to discuss at this dark hour, but I consider the matter urgent.' Otto said as he approached him.