Dear Diary, part 3

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary, I'm at the choosing, Marcus is making a speech and I can't focus on a single word, my heart is racing and I'm so nervous and scared.

I'm worried I make the wrong choice, become factionless and humiliate my entire family and myself.

My pulse is going as cold as ice and everything seems blurry. I feel sick to my stomach with nerve.

Everything has gone loud and noisy and I can hear every little sound.

I can't even look my brother in the eyes.
I'm terrified that this isn't a dream and that I'm not 10 again and I'm with my family playing with my toys and having fun.

Life is so harsh, yet I need to be grateful for being inside a cage like a dog, told what to do and when. To be decided on my rank and place.

I can't choose, what happens when I have to?

Why can't I even look mh parents in the eyes?

Shit- my brother is choosing....

He chose Euradite?, but my dad said that they were trying to control everyone and that they think they are the dominant faction.

Oh fuck- it's my turn. Idk what I am.

What am I? ....

I can't breathe, my mind is racing and my pulse is just behind it catching up. Its gone all cold and the knife doesn't even hurt when I stab my hand and slice it to reveal red sheets of Dna.

I closed my eyes, It hurt so much seeing my mums face stare at me and my farthers eyes burn my neck watching.

I choose Dauntless.

I've always been scared of being trapped and told what to do. I've always feared being alone and not belonging. I've always longed to fit in somewhere. To be apart of something bigger.

Dauntless are free, careless, reckless and happy.

I turn to see my mother and father heartbroken and betrayed.

Have I made the right choice?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one who thinks tris should of been Dauntless born? Like her mother and father look like they'd kick ass any time and day of the week.

Anyways thanks for reading ❤️❤️💋💋❤️❤️