7

Daenys pov
I'm set on my bed and I say "I'm fine" my father chuckles "no you are not. I thought we agreed you wouldn't use that power?" I tell him "I couldn't sit by while he was in pain the way he was. I couldn't" aemond comes with a rag and water and wipes my face gently "what were you thinking?" He sighs. He adds "you know the implications that has on you Daenys" "I couldn't leave him to suffer. He's suffering enough as is" I say. He smiles "you're too good for us. Truly. But you cannot risk yourself" my father says "it's worse" noting how I am. "I havent used it since aemond lost his eye" I reply. Aemond sighs "promise no more"

"I cannot promise that...he's getting worse and milk of the poppy might" I start and aemond says "not at the risk of your health. We will find another way to help him if need be but it will not be at the cost of you" kissing my head gently. The door opens and it's rhaenyra "thank you...for taking care of him." I nod "always" she asks me "how do you feel" I nod "I'm alright." Coughing now and aemond  cleans the blood from my lips "you're not okay" he says.

Rhaenyra says "you have a gift. But it costs you so much. Why use it if you knew this" her hand in mine "because he needed help. I will recover but he may not he deserves peace. Even if it's for a bit" I reply. She replies "not at the cost of you." Aemond asks "how do you recover from this?" As more blood comes from my eyes and he wipes it away.  "Sleep usually does it." My father says. He's worried. They all are. "Why is she still bleeding if she's not taking pain?" Aemond asks. My father explains "her doing so takes their pain, she feels it but there's more it takes and causes." Aemond says "and you did this for me? When I didn't deserve it" daemon says "she couldn't leave her bed for days without feeling pain" Aemond looks very upset.

"I never knew" he sighs. "I didn't want you to" I say softly coughing. He kisses my head "get some rest...I'll be here when you do...we're having a dinner as a family with viserys as his wish" I nod and let my eyes flutter closed