9

Daenys' pov
I wake with a start. Viserys is going to die tonight. "Daenys...Daenys are you alright?" Rhaenyra asks gently. I pant and she gets it "what did you see" "viserys" I mutter. And I pause seeing Alicent and viserys' last words...war. "War" I continue. "So much death" I reply. I see a vision of myself. I'm wed to aemond. And I can't take it. Any of it. So I leave. I...I'm pregnant as well. And I die of a broken heart hearing news of my father and Aemonds fight at the gods eye. "Daenys!" She shakes me out of my vision. "Stay here. No matter what happens...stay here." I beg her.

"I'm here" she tells me gently wiping my eyes. "The king will fall, war will follow. There will be nothing but sorrow, and death. Stay" I tell her. She kisses my head "I am not going anywhere" "you can't let her hear the prophecy" I tell her. "Prophecy?" She asks. "The song of ice and fire" I tell her. "How do you know about that?" She questions. "Viserys told me" I say. And add "told me that I'm the family's last hope of staying together once he's gone. And then told me the prophecy and it's importance"

She nods and tells me "that's a large burden to carry...keeping us together" I chuckle "I'm failing terribly at it" "we're together now. And will remain that way. I know you'll see to it that it does" she tells me gently. The door opens and my father and Aemond come in "you're awake" aemond sighs. I nod as he strokes my cheek gently taking in his touch. "How are you feeling?" My fathers voice rings "I think I'm okay" I smile.

Rhaenyra says "out. She has to get ready for tonight's festivities" they nod and give my hands a squeeze. I stand and she helps me stand straight as I buckle "maybe you should stay here" I shake my head "no...viserys wants us all there. It's important that I am" she nods "very well then" she helps me dress in

 It's important that I am" she nods "very well then" she helps me dress in

She smiles "you look like your mother" I send her a smile "I...I'm starting to forget her" she hugs me "she loved you a lot" I ask "you knew her" she nods "yes. Your father was smitten with her. She wasn't a random whore to him. Admittedly I was jealous of her. I've met her a few times actually. I discovered her pregnancy with you and urged her to say it. She didn't want you to wind up as you are now. Struggling to find happiness...she left with you. She came back though. You were 3 by then. That's when he saw you, she was carrying you around and he just knew you were his. You have the targaryen hair, and eyes despite her normal blonde hair and brown eyes. But unfortunately....daemon isn't the only one who saw."

I ask "who? Who killed her?" "An old enemy of your fathers...he decided he was going to visit and talk something out. He went for the visit and heard you screaming. Your mother already slain. The man responsible was going to take you and sell you. But your father got there in time. You were covered in your mothers blood. And he took you, legitimized you and loves you" she replies as she braids my hair. "She died because of me" I say. She squeezes my shoulder "she loved you and thought you to be worth saving...which you were and you still are. You deserve the happiness she wanted you to have"

I nod to the only motherly figure I've ever known. "Does aemond make you happy?" She asks. "There's a lot of time and pain between us due to Alicent and his compliance. There's things to fix and things he's done" I tell her. She nods and kisses my temple "our doors are always open to you, no matter what. I may have not birthed or carried you, but you are mine all the same" "thank you" I tell her as she finishes my hair