Chapter 9. The Battle and N gets Jealous?

Mamoru glared at the woman from the other side of the hall. The two adults were about to fight. Mamoru clutched in his hand a chipped Pokèball. The woman held her Pokèball in her hand. The two were waiting for White to begin the fight. She was to be the judge, she was to watch as the two trainers would fight. The rest of them sat on the stands. Bianca was cheering with Herupa, they were shouting for Mamoru to win, while the blue haired man sat on Azamuku's side. Black, Cheren, N, Concordia and Anthea just sat wherever. The ex grunts watched as so did some of the trainers. This battle would determine who would win Herupa, but it was good experience.

"Right! The rules for this Pokémon battle are one Pokémon only! Fair play! No using any items! Throw out your Pokémon!" White ordered. Mamoru threw out his Pokémon first. The Pokèball bounced off the ground and  a large, bipedal creature with a thick tail appeared. It had a brown hide with several raised patches, and a cream-coloured belly. On top of its head was a black patch, and it has large cream-coloured ears and red eyes. Its snout is short and rounded with two pointed teeth protruding from its upper jaw. It had epaulette-like growths over its shoulders and a row of spikes down its back. It had three clawed digits on each hand and foot. In the pouch on its belly, it carried a baby. Unlike its parent, the baby is light purple and has smooth skin. This Pokémon was a Kangaskhan, it's a female only species and it will go psycho to protect it's baby, similar to Mamoru and Herupa.

The woman grunted. She threw her Pokémon next. Her Pokémon was also a bipedal Pokémon, it was dragon-like and was primarily dark blue, with a red underbelly that covers from the middle of its abdomen, to its jaws, and then to the undersides of its arms. Underneath the red is a gold diamond shape as well a gold cross on its snout. It had appendages that resemble a jet or plane's engines, giving it an appearance similar to a hammerhead. It had four fins, one on each arm, one dorsal fin and another on its tail that resembles a tailfin. It had spikes on its hind limbs and arms as well as sharper claws than the other Pokémon.. Its eyes had black scleras and gold-colored irises. Its pupils are incredibly small. Mamoru went first, he smirked throwing his hand out.

"Kanga! Mega evolve!" He ordered. The Pokémon looked back then a white glow surrounded it. The trainers were in awe, even White was confused as to what was happening. The mother Kangaskhan appeared unchanged. However, the baby had grown into a child and gained some new features. There are now raised patches on its knees similar to those seen on its mother. These patches also appear aligned horizontally along its belly. Small, spiked growths appeared underneath its ears. The baby had managed to grow up so quickly?

"Two can play at that game. Chomper evolve!" The woman ordered. Her Pokémon then turned a white and it's body changed. It grew in size, several of its features became more angular, including its head and shoulders. Ten spikes sprouted from the sides of its abdomen, two spikes on the bottom of each arm, and its hands morphed into sharp, red blades. Red spikes also began to sprout from its knees. Now the two Pokémon looked more intimating.

"Kanga use ice beam." Mamoru ordered, his Pokémon attacked Garchomp swiftly, a beam of ice came out of the mother hitting the Garchomp head on. It was super effective, the baby however, jumped up and attacked with a less powerful ice beam, giving two hits to the Pokémon. It growled then looked to its trainer for help.

"Brick break now!" She ordered, the dragon Pokémon jumped over the mother Pokémon and attacked her over the head jumping back to his side of the court. The baby Kangaskhan snarled at him. The mother glared at him.

Cheren adjusted his glasses, never before as his life as a trainer had he seen something like this before, these Pokémon had just evolved out of no where and they have new abilities and everything.

"Right, attack with blizzard!" Mamoru ordered, suddenly the Kangaskhan opened it's mouth and a blizzard cam out of it, Garchomp was badly weakened, the baby repeated this action and it was a double whammy for him. He froze and the woman snarled.