Chapter 16. To Stay Alive.

White glared at Mamoru, the man wouldn't talk about what he had said a couple of days ago, that infuriated her. She still couldn't forget about it, that realisation echoed through her mind. Mamoru and herself sat on opposite sides of the cell. She had her arms crossed, her knees tucked into her chest, and her back to the wall.

"So what exactly are you then?" White asked, Mamoru noted the anger in her tone. Mamoru sighed then answered her question, as if it was the last testament to his living, as if he did someone would be able to carry on the existence of the observers.

"We're people who were given a second chance at life, however, there's a catch, we can't remember our lives before we were observers, neither can we die, we can't remember who our families are, not even what our names are, but sometimes these memories stay with us, like the case of Wakai, Ki and Azamuku." Mamoru explained to her. "Herupa, Jinsei and myself lost all memories of our past, the one thing that serves as a testament to our past selves are the cloaks that we hold onto."

White nodded understanding him. To forever be stuck not remembering who your family was, who your friends were, or any of your memories... That must've been a horrible thing indeed. White couldn't even dream about having to forget about everything, she would rather die than have a second chance at life without her memories.

"That's sad." White commented, she looked up at Mamoru. "Why do Wakai, Azamuku and Ki have their memories?" White asked. Mamoru shrugged. "If I knew that... I would answer; maybe they had strong minds." Mamoru replied.

Everything was silent, only the cries of those other prisoners echoed through their ears. Being left alone with their thoughts. White realised, that quietness is violent. It caused her to think, since there's no sound to hide behind, she thought, that's something she enjoyed, thinking. Then again, she didn't like thinking, it brought back horrible memories and experiences. She loved the hustle and bustle of her family, and friends. It was a strange way of thinking, it was..

"Are you going to give in today?" Ghetsis voice caused White to jump. Mamoru looked up and shook his head. Ghetsis huffed. "So stubborn." He commented, turning to White he stared at the girl, who had grown a lot thinner. Mamoru was looking worse, Ghetsis had heard that when the grunts would give them their meal for the day. Mamoru would hand White his and starve himself.

"Suit yourself." Ghetsis swung around and walked off. Into the never ending darkness of the hallway. Mamoru once again coughed. White needed to help him, that cough wasn't getting better and his wounds were all infected.

She walked over to him, plonked herself beside him, and began to tend to his wounds. Holding his hand out she tried not to scream. His once soft hands.

Were now riddled with calluses.

---------

Herupa stared at the route she had just left. It was route 6. The route itself was covered with different Pokémon that had accepted the fact their trainers weren't coming back. It pained Herupa to see Pokémon that were once bred in captivity struggle to understand the outside world.

Right now she stood outside the Chargestone cave, beside her was N, no one else. The rest of them had gone inside to make sure no grunts that had escaped the onslaught on the last town were setting up base inside there.

Herupa looked up to the sky, the beginning of a hail storm was just setting in. Small pellets of frozen rain began to come down. Making Herupa wonder what season it was. It had been a long time since she had questioned what season it was. It had been a long time since she wondered what the date was. Simple things like that, she never questioned; she was much too focused on the war at hand to worry over the date.