A Surprising Discovery

"It's nothing, I'm sure it's nothing." Martha said to herself as she walked through Whoville to the doctor's office. "Grinch and I are probably just making a big deal out of nothing. But... you never know."

Then she remembered what her uncle had told her the day before; could she be pregnant? No, she can't be. It would be impossible. She finally arrived at the doctor's office, only to see the doctor and two nurses leaving.

"Excuse me?" Martha asked, approaching them.

One of the nurses turned around and it was Donna Who. "Oh, hi Martha!"

"Hi, Donna." The two women smiled and shook hands.

"What are you doing here?" Donna asked.

"I need to talk to Dr. Joyberg. It's kind of important." Martha answered.

"Sorry, Mrs. Grinch." Dr. Joyberg said; he was a short, thin man with blonde hair. "But Donna, Joy, and I are going on lunch and we'll be back in an hour."

"An hour? Oh, that's okay. I understand." Martha said.

"Maybe some other time, dear." Nurse Joy said before she, Donna, and the doctor walked away.

The moment she was alone, the redheaded Who sighed. "Now what?"

"Pardon me?" A new voice said.

Martha yelped and nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound. She turned around and saw a familiar face.

"Mrs. Tizzletop?" She asked.

"Hello, Martha May. It's been a while, hasn't it?" Mrs. Tizzletop asked.

"Yeah. I haven't seen you since the day Grinchy proposed to me... and turned back into his old self."

"Yes, that was a wild day. But it's good to see you, dear. What are you doing at the doctor's?"

"Oh I, um... I've been feeling a little weird lately and I decided to visit Dr. Joyberg to see what's wrong. But he just left for lunch."

"Well... I could help you."

"You can?"

"Of course. Follow me."

Mrs. Tizzletop took Martha's hand and led her down the road to her house, unaware of the pair of anxious eyes watching them leave.

0-0-0-0-0-0

"I'm what?!" Martha exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yes, my dear. It is true. You have a child within you." Mrs. Tizzletop rhymed; they were staring over a small pot filled with a strange glowing liquid. It was glowing a bright blue.

"But... but that can't be right!" Martha looked in the book they were reading, hoping for another explanation.

"The books do not lie, young miss. Red means no, but blue means yes." The little old lady was right; the potion they created was glowing blue... and that meant Martha May was pregnant.

Martha was shocked; she honestly never thought she would have kids... but now she was proved wrong. She was genuinely excited and happy at this news, but then she remembered something. How would the Grinch react to this news? How would he take it? What would he do? She turned to Mrs. Tizzletop for guidance.

"Do not worry, Mr. Grinch will be happy. You'll see. But you must be careful, for more in the future there will be." The old woman said.

"What?" Martha asked, cocking her head to the side; she wondered why Mrs. Tizzletop would rhyme so much. Then her watch beeped; she checked it and saw that it was a quarter to three. "Oh sorry, but I'd better go. Grinch is probably wondering where I am by now. Thank you for your help, Mrs. Tizzletop." She grabbed her jacket and purse.