Epilogue

"Greta, slow down! I'm not as young as I used to be, you know." Wilbur called out as he tried his best to keep up; he was wearing a gray zoot suit accented with fur with a fedora, gloves, and even a pair of spats.

"But I don't wanna miss anything!" A girl with green fur and bright red hair called as she ran ahead; she looked no older than ten years old.

Greta loved the fall; it was the time of year for colorful trees, crisp fresh air, and best of all, Halloween. This Halloween, she was dressed in a bright red cape with a hood and carrying a basket of goodies. She had just finished a successful round of trick or treating and now, she couldn't wait to get to town square. That was where her parents were waiting.

"Hey, look who it is!" A new voice said.

Greta looked and grinned at the sight of a very familiar face; it was Cindy-Lou Who. The little Grinch girl ran over to the teenage Who and gave her the biggest hug she could muster; Cindy was wearing a bright pink pirate costume complete with boots, a bandana, a tri-corner hat, and even a bit of faux bling.

"Ahoy there, Little Red Riding Grinch." Cindy joked. Greta giggled as Wilbur finally caught up, gasping for air.

"Phew! Are you... always this fast?" He breathed.

"Oh, hello, Mister Big Bad Wolf." Cindy said, folding her arms. "Good to see you again, sir."

They shook hands and smiled. "Good to see you too, Cindy. Wow, you've really grown up."

Cindy smirked and shrugged. "Life happens to all of us. Now come on; Mr. and Mrs. Grinch are waiting." She took Greta's hand and led her along towards town square.

By the time they made it to town square, everyone was chatting and dancing and having a good time. And standing in the middle of the stage was Mayor McGerkle, the Grinch, and Martha May dressed in their own respective costumes; Martha was also holding a happy baby boy with emerald green hair dressed as a puppy dog in her arms.

"Another wonderful Grinch Night. Thank you ever so much, Mr. Grinch." The Mayor said proudly.

"Of course." Grinch said before his eyes lit up at the sight of his young daughter approach. "Aha, there she is!" Greta grinned and ran up the stairs and into her father's embrace. Cindy and Wilbur quickly joined the group.

"How's it going over here, Mr. Grinch?" Cindy asked.

"It's going great, Cindy." Grinch said as he picked up his daughter.

"Ooh, and there's little Matt!" Cindy turned her attention to the baby in Martha's arms; little Matt giggled and cooed at the sight of her.

"I still can't believe I'm really a big sister." Greta said.

"Neither can we, sweetie." Martha leaned in and gave Greta a quick kiss on the cheek; the girl giggled. "But life's full of surprises."

"Ain't that the truth, bada-bing." Wilbur chuckled. "Hey, wait. Where's Max?"

As if on cue, Max came bounding up onto the stage with his mate, Olive, and five little white and brown puppies following close behind. Grinch knelt down just as Max came up and started relentlessly licking Greta's face; she laughed.

"This is quite the family you've got, Mr. Grinch. You must be proud." The Mayor commented.

Grinch looked around; he had a beautiful wife, a gorgeous daughter, an adorable son, and even a pack of fun loving dogs. Then he looked out at the town; he had more friends than he ever imagined. Martha then walked over to her husband and Grinch ruffled Matt's hair and picked Greta up again before he and Martha shared a kiss. He took a deep breath, inhaling the cool scent of the Sour Sweet Wind. He smiled as a tear fell from his eye, realizing he had more than anything he could've ever asked for.

"Yes, yes I am." He said.