Dreamnap - please don't go

art by cryzlots on twitter

"I'm nervous Dream" Sapnap said, reaching up to grab his shoulders.

The two had been together for almost a year at this point but they had not put anything into the public that would confirm so. In fact, the internet had never been further from figuring out their relationship than they were now.

Ever since the face reveal every second tweet was "look at how in love DNF is". The youngest of the Dream Team had never once been as jealous as he was this week. Despite the internet shipping the other two members of the trio Dream had never failed to remind him how loved he was.

With all the excitement of the face reveal and being in the public eye it seemed as though the two hadn't had any time for each other this last week and a half. It was only adding that they couldn't even share a hotel room for fear of something getting revealed.

It all meant that Sapnap was seeking comfort here, at the twitch rivals event, for a fleeting moment. He hadn't been able to just relax with his boyfriend since the face reveal, it had all been 'go, go, go".

Setting his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders seemed to be the wrong move however as he forgot that Dream's shoulder was currently injured. Sapnap was given a quick reminder when the boy hissed and moved his hands away as soon as they were set down.

The younger quickly grew embarrassed, turning away and apologising. He knew he couldn't do much more with all those cameras watching on stage so he hoped a quick shoulder bump and muttered apologies would suffice for now.

Dream seemed to recognize that it was only a mistake, pulling him in for a comforting hug. At least Sapnap hoped that was what he meant by that. Though Sapnap did feel a lot better from the quick hug.

+++

"Sapnap you should tell Dream, nothing will get better if you don't talk to him."

Sapnap had gone to see Karl half an hour ago, crying because of some stupid comments made by fans the Dream Team had run into together. It was so stupid. Sapnap knew that Dream kissing Karl through his mask was a joke. He knew that Dream was affectionate. He knew that. But it was different with George.

The youngest was terrified that one day Dream would wake up, realise that he was only using Sapnap as a substitute for George and leave. Twitter wouldn't be surprised, he is reminded of it everyday. That is why he tries to stay off the stupid app.

It was only on the walk back from the convention centre to the hotel that Sapnap realised how deeply that fear affected him. He knew Dream loved him. He did. He just didn't think that the face reveal would have any affect on him, yet here he is, wishing that Dream had never face revealed so nothing would change and he wouldn't have to deal with the nasty feelings he was now. That was selfish, but Sapnap couldn't find it in himself to care at that moment.