SCARED

JEAN

"Maybe you should go home" I said to Vanessa

She been here day and night working. That's good and all but she needs a break. I don't like seeing her like this.

"Go home Jean" she said low

I looked at her and she didn't look like herself, she had bags under her eyes and she looked pale. I bring her food every chance I get sometimes she eats it but most of the time she doesn't. I walked towards her and sat in the chair in front of her desk.

"Vanessa, I don't know what your going through but this is not the way to handle things" I started crying, I don't know if it was my hormones or just me.

"I really appreciate you Jean. You been there for me every step of the way and has never left my side. Even though I been a jack ass but I love you for sticking with me when shit got hard" she said

"You know I'm gone always be there for you" I said smiling. "You really grew up Vanessa. Yeah you was a jack ass and was always coming to my work place acting a fool, bring me stuff, and trying get my number but you really out grew and became a even better person I'm really proud of you Vanessa, you motivated me" I said and she actually smiled a little

"I try but its hard trying to take on everything by yoself, I love what I do to provide for my family bit shit its getting hard man" she said with her head down

"Nobody said you have to do it alone, you have family and friends who are there for you and is willing to do anything for you. I know Quetta for a fact loves you and do anything for you" I added

"I won't get to see the baby grow up" she said crying rubbing my stomach and the baby started kicking

"Yes you will Vanessa, we gone get through this. I promise" I said hugging her

We just sat like that crying. I didn't know what Vanessa was feeling and I knew she was sick and I felt really bad. I just want her to know we are here to support her through this big change.

Lord Just Help Her.

QUETTA

I was sitting in the couch watching TV, well not really watching just really crying and thinking about all the stuff that's going down. Its taken a toll on all of us and things hasnt been the same.

Vanessa hasn't been home since she found out the results, I woke up and she was gone. Jean tells me she's been at the office and sleeping there. She wasn't home yet and Jean promised me she will get her home but Vanessa is stubborn, she won't listen to anybody.

It maybe a possibility that Vanessa will not make it but I'm praying for her and our family. I can't believe this, I can't imagine being without Vanessa, even when we wasn't together Vanessa has always been there for me and the kids. She took on a big responsibility raising kids that wasnt hers, any other person would have been left especially after I got the second time by Drew. Vanessa left but stuck around.

I remember when I was new to the school. I had already meet Vanessa a few times during the summer parties but never talk to her. I was already dating drew, but we had broke up because I found him cheating, but he was always trying get me back. I was a junior and they are seniors. I liked Vanessa but she was a player, but she treated me different.

(FLASHBACK)

Bing, Bing, Bing

The bell ranged finally letting class out. I gathered my things and walked out the class. As I was walking out someone pulled my backpack pulling me back. I thought it was drew but when I turned around to meet those hazel eyes I knew it was Vanessa.