🌙Chapter 5🌙

-Eli's POV-

Day by day , Naib's Daily routine keeps going unless it's weekend. During weekend it's either he clean / organize his house or hanging around with his friends here. The more days passed by the more i learned more things from him. I don't really understand human nature that much  to be honest. I'm just a supernatural creature who lives somewhere far hidden and safe from danger, I just somehow just got caught while roaming around the town by a hunter. They probably thought that I'm just an ordinary owl.

The first time I shared eye contact with Naib makes me feel nervous at first but somehow i realized his stare his giving is more like admiring than hunting. I knew he is harmless.

He just puffing smokes from his mouth while leaning on the wall. "You look really so pretty... Wish i could pet you"

'ah... it is my first time hearing someone wishing to pet me... '

'adorable..'

I would love to stay and admire him more but the door from the building startled me that caused me to finally go away before the other human see me.

The rest are kinda expectedly eventful. I got separated by my brother who also was wondering around with me. I hope his fine.

. . . .

My wounds also slowly healing now, It doesn't feel hurt anymore an i can move it a little. But, the problem is that, I may almost forgot how to fly again.

Many thoughts right now stuff in my mind. And one of them is what will be the aftermath of me finally can go free from my wound.

Will Naib still remember me if he set me free?

Or will he forgot about me?

I want to stay.. But i have to go home also...

Will i ever see him again if i try to revisit him again?

"There you are little one" I got startled from a warm hands tht picking me up. I think i got spaced out so much that i forgot about the reality.

"Oh, did i startled you? I'm sorry" He raised me up until I'm high as his face right now. He gently pull me close to his cheek and rubs his face to my head.

'Comfy..' I thought as i really enjoying the affection. Snuggling back to his cheek.

He put me back down. Gently grabing my bandaged wing and slowly unwrapping the bandage around it. "Your wounds almost recover now. Soon you can finally fly free and maybe reunite with your family" he said as i noticed a sad tone from his voice.

'Please don't be sad. It also makes me feel sad too..' I thought as i just watching him replacing the bandage with fresh one. I softly hoot as i was confirming what he said. He was smiling but i knew deep inside he is upset.

. . . .

After bandaging, Naib left the living room to put the med kit back in one of the kitchen cabinet.

He walk back in the living room, Picking me up while he sit down then putting me on his lap. I hoot happily and he softly whistles and pet my head before opening the television.

-Few days later-

My wound finally heals, I can finally stretch both of my wings up and no longer restrained by bandages. I happily flop my wings and tried to fly.

As expected , I indeed forgot how to fly. I fall down from the couch but glad Naib caught me before i hit the ground. He is now laying down on the carpet floor while hands reach out where i am right now. "Phew, I guess we need to learn how to float again eh?" I feel embarrassed.

I hopped off from his hand and tried to fly again. And again, I failed.

Naib just watching me, laughing  bit from what I'm doing.

'Oh you think it's funny huh?'

I gave him a glare and he felt that. I face to his direction and suddenly charge to him. Naib screams and hurriedly runs away from me while i tried to chase him.

-Next day-

After many attempts , i finally got a time to float while i flap my wings. Naib watched in amazed. He clap happily. "You finally did it!" He said .

I hoot excitedly and flew around the house. Naib laughs and sit at the chair, watching me fly around the living room.

The more time i proceed to fly the more the laugh fades. I paused from my track and look at Him. His kist sitting them looking at me while smiling.

"I guess you finally can go.." He said, leaning back to the chair. I was frowning even he can't see it , still flapping my Wings while looking at him. He reach out his hands to me , a smile still stuck to his face but the mood isn't the same. I immediately flew back to him , he catched and embraced me. Warm arms wrapping around me.

"I'm so proud..." He said , A crack of his voice was there. I immediately look up and hoots at him , I Noticed a droplets at my view.

'Naib..'

I want to change to my human form and wipe the tears of sadness from his eyes. But I can't break the rules especially I'm the Lunar Owl. I tried to move up from his hug and nuzzles my own feather on my head to his teary cheeks to his eyes. I hoot sadly to him.

"Thanks" He decided to wipe his eyes with his arm. "I wish to keep you with me , But there's a family that might waiting for you to come home" He said.

His right, My brother is probably sick worried right now after me disappearing about half of the month. There's a possibility that he will go in Killing spree just to find me. That's also why I have to leave after getting healed.

I hoot in response and stays at his warm. Glad Naib calmed down from crying.

Tomorrow will be the day where we will be separated. Everything will go back just like before we met. It's better if we spend more time together this day before i go.

. . . .

-Third Person-

-The next Night-

Naib walk out the house , Holding a box with holes on it. Taking few miles away from walking until he finally reached a field area. He stepped on the grassy field and observing the area. There's no people around , just him and the box.

Naib Gently put down the box and opened it. Inside the box is the owl. Eli look up to Naib , hooting after seeing the dull blue eye man. Naib picked up Eli , petting the owl'a head. "This is it" Naib said continuing to pet the white feathered owl. "I'm gonna miss you , Little one" He gave a peck of kiss on Eli 's head before putting him back down. Eli stumbles a bit with his tiny feet before got in balance again.

Eli turn his head back to Naib one last time. The shiney blue Crystal color of his eyes illuminating the night under the moonlight.

Naib just squating down while looking at Eli, Smiling and gently waving his hand.

'Goodbye Naib, I hope to see you again' He hoots one last time to naib before spreading his snow white feathered wings and flaps it. Finally flying away from the other.

Meanwhile, Naib just watches the owl fly under the moonlight until he can't see the owl anymore at his view. He stopped waving, frowns and sigh.

He picked up the empty box and was about to fold it but there's something in the box that caught the hooded man's dull blue eyes. He picked it up out from the box. It was the Lunar Owl's white feather and it's kinda long one. But that didn't just what Naib see with his eyes.

The feather has a small detailed on it. It shines a bit with a blue like glitters on the feather. It's not really just a feather that just got on the glitters on something. Naib thought that the owl really pluck this feather on their own from themselves and left it for Naib to keep. A soft smile formed at his face.

He put the feather in his pocket before going back home again.

From far tree , Eli was sitting on the branch in his human form. He smile as he watched the Boy kept the feather he left for him. He did gave Naib one of the rarest feather part in his owl form . And it will be the item he will find if he ever tried to go and come back to Naib.