The Beginning

A/N: hey guys! so this is a new fanfic that i will be writing about the outsiders! this takes place after the outsiders (i havent read that was then this was now so none of those character or plot points will be in this story) hope u enjoy!

Ponyboy's P.O.V.
Today's the one year anniversary of Dally and Johnny's death.
The remaining members of the gang are planning on going to the cemetery and then hang out at my house.
But today hanging out will be different. Full of sadness and tears.
I've really tried to take Johnny's message "Stay Gold" to heart. It's been hard but I've tried. My grades are back up and I'm back on the track team.
The gang hasn't been the same since the two died. In a way we have been united through our grief, but sometimes we all just miss the two of them so much it hurts.
Johnny was the glue to our group. He related to me the most. He would watch the sunset with me. Johnny was the whole groups kid brother, but he was also a friend. And he died a hero.
Dally was respected, in out group and everywhere else. Dally was a leader. Right before he died I had finally started to understand him. I had finally began to accept him as a pal and not be afraid of him. And he died how everyone expected him too. Shot a criminal. A hero in my eyes though.
I like to imagine sometimes that Johnny was able to get Dally to watch a sunset in the afterlife.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All five of us walked into my house and sat down in the living room silently. We had just left the cemetery. Two-Bit walked into the kitchen to fetch some chocolate cake and beer for all of us. When he came back still no one had spoken a word.
"Why don't we go some where? Dally and Johnny wouldn't have wanted us to jus' sulk around all day." Soda finally blurted.
"Yea," Steve agreed.
"The Dingo, the lot, or the movies?" Darry asked.
"My vote's for the movies," I said.
We all agreed and headed out the door.

A/N: srry for the depressing first chapter... things will start to pick up in the next chapter and u guys will get to meet the second narrator :) anyway thanks for readin!