ARC IV-ACT II

Silence surrounds you despite the rather large audience in your presence. Still hostile, still awkward and ever still tired in the darkening night. The train station sat quietly, few and scarce strangers to fill in the waiting seats in anticipation for the arrival of their train home.

"How long are we going to wait again?" Muichiro spoke out with a distracted sigh. On the train tracks a small bird hopped along, landing on rocks and picking between cracks in a probable search for food.

Shinobu looked over to him and then a screen displaying the timetable hung up on the roof. "Fourteen more minutes until our train arrives, then it'll probably be around two hours before we arrive to our stop." She paused, then tilted her head. "What even is that?"

Standing to your feet from the cement floor, you cleared your throat. "That's called a screen, it's electronic mostly and we have various uses for it. That one shows the time of when trains are to come." Reaching to your pocket you pull your old phone out and tap on the screen, lighting up a photo of your childhood pet and the time. "This one is more personal, I can use it for whatever I wish to do."

She gazed at it curiously, eyes wide and analyzing. Giyuu quickly appeared behind her. "Like what does it do?"

You ignore shinobu's angry teasing face as she pokes and prods at the water Hashira to give her more space, opting to unlock the device and click on the small app leading you to the worlds largest library.

"This application is called Google, you can look up anything and it'll show you the answer in a few seconds. For example..." your thumbs hovered over the keyboard, thinking of a good possible question to surprise them.

'How to do brain surgery'

The screen blanked but no longer than a second later the answer popped up.

The surgeon makes an incision in the skull or inserts a needle to remove brain cells or tissue for examination by a pathologist. Deep brain stimulation (DBS). A battery-operated medical device called an implantable pulse generator is implanted to deliver electrical stimulation to specific areas in the brain.

"That has to be fake." Giyuu deadpanned, but immediately shut his mouth when Shinobu leaned closer.

She hummed. "I've never performed brain surgery but..."

"Thank god.." giyuu muttered under his breath.

"This seems to be correct." The butterfly pillar concluded with a nod. "Other than the device at the end... we don't have that."

Rengoku quickly stood at the sound of this information. "Can you search up the originator of the flame breathing technique?" He pondered out loud.

It was something he had wondered ever since young, asking and pestering his father for the information only to receive the same old answer; 'our great and powerful ancestor' to say the least, it didn't quench the thirst of his curiosity.

You chuckled, finding it endearing for him to ask such a question. It's not like you couldn't search it up for him - the answer would be on full display from the KimetsuNoYaibaWikiPage, you knew that for sure. Though it didn't stop you from turning the device off, the light dimming to a black.

"Yoriichi Tsugikuni. He was the originator of the flame breathing style, but not exactly how you may think."

The man sat on the steel chair of the train station and watched you with those wide owl-like a child. Wondering and pondering. You realized that must have meant he wanted more to the story than just a name, eyes shifting from your face to the phone in your hands.