Browen Windows Chapter 7

Kats P.O.V

I hadn't even realized that we were in the heart of the city. A modern skyscraper loomed in front of us. I didn't quite understand why Damon had brought us here of all places. I could feel myself falling for him with every breath I took. He just.. Complimented me perfectly.

"So. What are we gonna do here?" I didn't see how the gray monstrosity could be artistic in the slightest.

"Follow me." He winked. He looked so sexy as he leapt in front of me. He pulled the heavy looking door open and his muscles rippled as he pulled against it.

"Okayyyyyyyy." I said nervously. The inside of the building didn't look very inviting.

"Come on!" He said. The excitement in his voice pumped me up and I followed him into the building. He let the door drop and I lost vision as the window of light coming through the door disappeared.

"Um. Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, seriously scared now.

"I'm sure. I've done this tons of times." I could hear the smile in his voice and he grabbed my hand. His hand was warm and enveloped mine perfectly.

"Fine." He tugged on my hand and pulled me around in the near dark.

"Be careful here. We are gonna go up a lot of flights of stairs."

Where the hell were we going? I didn't think the stairs would ever end! They just kept going and going and going!

"We're here!" He said. The stairs gave away to flat ground. I couldn't help feeling suspenseful about what was about to happen.

All of a sudden bright sunlight flooded my eyes.

"Finally!" He cried.

We walked into a flat surface with barriers on the edges. We were on the roof! The view was simply dazzling. I totally understood why Damon brought me here!

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asked.

"It's breathtaking." I answered. Still trying to process how amazing it was.

He took out a sketchbook and a pencil out of the backpack he was carrying. He scanned the area looking for something to draw and then his eyes locked in mine.

"Hey, can I draw you?" He asked with a gleam in his eye.

"Are you sure you want to?" I asked, wishing that I had put on some makeup again.

"Positive." He grinned at me. How could one guy possibly be this sexy.

"Can you stand sit over here?" He asked. "The sun will look beautiful hitting your face and hair."

"No problem!" I assured. I sat down where he was pointing at and started to imagine what this building was used for a long time ago. Was it a hospital or did the CEO of a multimillion dollar company work here? This was the militaries fault. They had taken things to far with biowarfare and almost everyone on the planet had died. The virus infected anyone who was over 16 at the time. It had been intended to wipeout other militias but ended up wiping out our own, too. Funny how things can workout.

"I'm done." Damon said, blushing. "I'm not a very good artist, so sorry if you don't like it." He sheepishly handed me his sketchbook and looked anywhere but me.

The drawing was incredible. It showed a girl who resembled me but was much prettier. "I don't know what to say, Damon! This is simply beautiful! Thank you so much!" I rushed over to him and hugged him.

"Your welcome. You are truly beautiful." He leaned in and kissed me.