Broken Windows- Guilty- Chapter 11

WILLS POV

As I neared the house I felt feint from exhaustion. She had slumped even more and I had to get Jase to see what he though. He wanted to be a doctor at one point, Hopefully he still remembered some of the things he had learned. I walked into the house and lay Katrina on the bed. I wondered why she called herself Kat. Katrina was such a beautiful name.

"Jase!" I called out of breath. "I need you."

"You can make your own dinner." He replied, laughing.

"No. You don't get it. It's Kat." I shouted with new urgency. This wasn't a joke.

"What?" He called rushing down the stairs. "What's wrong?"

"I don't really know. I was scavenging..there was a hill... puddles of blood... head wounds. Is she gonna be ok?" I pleaded with Jase.

"I don't know yet. Grab a rag and I need to check for infection."

"Okay. Damon, Jase. Get your asses down here. Kat is hurt." I shouted frustrated. I heard scrambling through out the house as I searched for a rag. I finally found one and returned to the living room. All the guys were crowded around her.

"I've got a rag." I said, holding it like a trophy.

"Okay. Great." Jase took the rag from me and wrapped it around her head.

"So..?" I prompted. "Do you think she'll be okay?"

"She'll be okay. But she's gonna be very weak for a couple of days. And if she doesn't want to see y'all, don't bother her." He said that last part looking straight at Damon.

Damon's face paled and he flew out of the room.

Damon's POV

I left the room and went into my bedroom. I leaned against the wall. "What if this is my fault?" I asked myself. "I bet it was." I slumped to the floor.

What if she had died? I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It was dangerous for Kat to be around me. I needed to stay away. And she obviously didn't mind.

"Hey bro. Are you okay?" Will walked into my room and sat down next to me.

"No." I said looking at the floor. "I can't help feeling like it was my fault. I'm probably the worst thing that ever happened to her."

Will was quiet for a little while so I looked up at him. He was staring at the wall. "I don't think you are the worst thing that ever happened to her. But I do think it's your fault." He looked straight at me.

I felt my stomach drop. "Honesty is painful." I said to him.

"Sure is." He said smiling a little bit. "But I'm sure you could get her to forgive you." He grinned. I grinned, too. I'd just have to make it up to her.

"Hey guys! Kat is stirring!" Jase shouted gleefully.

****************authors note********************

sorry for taking forever with this update. there was spring break and all that fun stuff. I will be updating my fan fiction next. as always comment, fan, and vote :)

Love,

Anastasia

PS: Updates will be coming much more frequently now :)