Chapter 4 - following

CLOVER POV

After herb got mad at me when I went to drag him back home, he started ignoring me. I cant tell if he's trying to make me feel bad or it's just me. No matter what I try to do to make him talk to me nothing really works. And I started noticing that he comes back more late than usual. Back then he'd come back at 7pm, now recently he's coming back around 9pm.

Today I tried my hardest to make him talk to me. "Hey herb!" "..." ofcourse nothing, but that never stops me from trying. "Herb?" I kept repeating his name trying to get his attention. At this point I was just being annoying. So after I stopped repeativly saying his name, I still kept trying.

"Herb can you please stop ignoring me." "Can you stop being controlling..." I wasn't expecting herb to actually say that. I never really thought of myself as controlling. Then again, the people you usually hang around with, know how to describe you better than yourself, sometimes.

"Controlling?" I looked at him with a confused face. "Yes, controlling!" He yelled. "How am I controlling?" As soon as I asked that, herb turned his at me, in a fast way. Before I could let him speak I stopped him. "I'm sorry, dont answer that question." Herb looked upset, so after he got done eating he left.

I knew it was wrong but I was a little curious on what he does after he's done working. After all, he does come back home very late.

~Time Skip~ I'm sorry for being lazy ;-;~

Whenever I got over to the flower shop, first thing I noticed is that it was closed. I was confused. Was he ACTUALLY going back home. Probably not, I didnt see him on my way here.

Then I realized another place he could be at. The park.

Herb POV

I was thinking whether or not today I should go see sparkling at the park or not. I know I should've told him that I'd go to the park after my shift ends, but he'll start asking me a bunch of questions that I dont want to answer.

After waiting for 6 minutes, sparkling shows up. After not too long we heard something. "Say, sparkling, no offense but um.. do you maybe want to talk again tomorrow?.." Sparkling looked confused. "Why?" I got a bit scared. "Well, um.. its just I'm a bit tired"

He didnt believe me. "You sure because you look nervous?" I had a feeling that someone else was here. I whispered to him, just in case if anyone was listening. "I have a feeling clover is here.." He looked upset, but he understood. "Its alright you can go."

Just before I knew it, I saw clover by the entrance, waiting for me. After I left the park, clover stopped me. "Is this really where you stay for hours, talking to HIM!" He yelled af me. "Sometimes..." I just wanted him to leave me alone at this point.

As we walked all the way home in silence, I could tell he was going to yell at me more for hanging out with sparkling.

Sparkling POV

After the day that clover went to go get herb from the park. I dont what he did, but herb was just talking to me less. I keep asking him why he was ignoring me, but as the usual, he ignored me. "Herb, I know you'll just ignore me, but it's worth trying. But why are ignoring me?.."

He responded with, "Because I'm not allowed to talk to you..." I was getting sick of clover being bossy over herb. "Let me guess, clover told you to do that because apparently I'm STILL not to be trusted." He nodded.

I sighed. And he said I wasn't to be trusted. "Well, I know I cant do much, but once you finally can have a while off, do you still want to hang out?" He nodded. I was surprised when he agreed, but I'm not complaining.

~The next day~

Herb POV

I didnt bother getting up in the morning. Yesterday all night, all that clover done as soon as we got back, was either warning me or was just too upset to even speak.

But whenever I left my room, clover looked a bit more calmer than usual. He'd always be so stressed in the morning, but today felt different.

"Hi herb!" "I'm ok, say, your calmer than usual?" Clover's face lit up. "You noticed? It's because I've just been meaning to tell you something.." I was curious. "I like you!"

Cliffhanger! Also I'll try to post a new chapter once a week :D honestly I was a little unmotivated making this chapter but I got through it. As always have a good morning/afternoon/day/night and I'll post again soon!

Word count: 818