III

valeriecoleman | third person

the girl walks up to her bestfriend's house, ringing the doorbell, delyla comes to the door and lets her walk in. "where's frankie?" val asks, walking into the house, "oh in the loft" she says, valerie nods and begins heading to the loft area of delyla's house,  something seemed off to valerie.

"so what's the plan of attack for tonight?" she asks, "just hanging out, there is no set idea just yet" she says.

valerie had opened the door to the hangout area before shes greeted with confetti and cheers. "oh.. uh... thanks" she mutters, "what's all this for? no offence of course, love you all" valerie asks, "it's your release night!" frankie says, "you deserve to spend it enjoying yourself with your friends instead of moping in your room all night" she adds, "i wasnt gonna mope" valerie argues, "what was your plan for tonight then?" delyla asks, "uhhh..." she trails off, "exactly" her two bestfriends say in unison.

music plays on the speakers, she quickly scans over the room and sees frankie talking to nick's friend, madi and lexie, delyla is talking to a few of their friends.

"i missed you!!" nick exclaims before pulling her in for a hug, "i'm so proud of you valerie" he smiles, "thank you nick and i missed you also" she returns his gesture. "where's matt?" she asks, "oh he stayed with chris, he felt bad and told me to go with a congratulations and a hug from him" he explains, "oh right, chris could've came too, if he really wanted" valerie says, out of the kindness of her heart and just to simply be polite, hoping nick would subside the suggestion and not invite his brothers. the guilt would wolf her down, even more so if chris was listening to her ep right infront of her.

"oh, no no no, don't worry, chris wanted to play some random ass game anyways" nick says, "and matt's been nervous recently, didnt wanna overwhelm him" he says, she nods, having to hold back the sigh of relief she almost let out, "i hope he's okay" she says, he smiles.

"would you like a drink guys?" frankie asks, valerie looks and sees alcohol stacked up on a table, "a whiteclaw would be fine" valerie says, "i don't drink" nick says, "we have pepsi!!!" delyla shouts across the room. "please" he says and delyla quickly goes to grab him one.

"how excited are you for counting crimes?"  he asks her, "im super excited, i cannot wait for the world to hear"  she says. "what's your favourite song from it? i wanna judge your taste when i hear it" nick says, "on my music??" she laughs, he nods, "but uhh probably listen before i go or if you love me" she says, "listen before i go has such a deep meaning like it's actually one of the deepest song's i've decided to release" she says, "im so excited for people to hear it" she says. he nods. the two continue talking about anything that peaks their interest, which is alot of things given the people.

a good few drinks and many conversations later, valerie was stumbling around, vision blurry and thoughts aloud. there was around ten minutes until valerie's ep was out. the guilt was eating her alive, she takes her phone out of her pocket, going onto imessage, probably doing something she'd regret or forget then cuss out drunk her the morning after.