four.

"House party in the suburbs. Oh, I remember these. I'm kind of jealous," Peter's Aunt May spoke from the driver's seat, "I hate parties." Noah muttered to herself.

"It'll be a night to remember." Ned stated, and Noah rolled her eyes, "Yeah if you enjoy being crammed in a room with awful loud music, and hormonal teenagers."

"Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat." May stated, and Maddie laughed quietly, from the other side of Noah.

"This is a mistake." Peter stated, "Yes, you are a hundred percent right, let's leave now. And never think about a party again." Noah quipped.

"Oh, Peter, I know. I know it's really hard to fit in with all the changes your body is going through."

"Okay never mind." Noah turned to Maddie, "Come on, let's go be stupid teenagers," she already opened the door and exited the car before May could finish giving Peter any sort of speech.

Noah was fine for a while, she briefly talked to MJ, and Maddie tried to get her to dance, she refused. Soon however the loud music and everything started to get to her.

The fourteen year old was pushed over the edge when someone knocked into her, her chest tightened and suddenly instead of being in the present moment, at a party with her peers, she was back in fluffy tutu, at a ballet recital after party.

Logically she knew it wasn't real, it was all in her head, the sounds of gunshots echoed through her head. The image of a man's body crumpling to the floor, a pool of blood pouring from his skull.

Noah could almost feel his tacky crimson blood on her hands.

"Noah, Noah, Can you hear me?" the voice came from behind her, but when she turned around no one was there, "Maddie?" she called out, but her voice echoed through the empty hallway.

"Maddie? Maddie!"

Cold metal brushed over her shoulder and she snapped around, coming face to face with her father.

Well, in this state, he wasn't really her father.

In this state, he was the Winter Soldier.

"Help! Maddie! Get me out of here, get me out-"

"Noah, can you hear me? I need you to breath," Maddie's voice was soft, and Noah started to come back to her senses.

"Maddie?" she exhaled, her eyes focusing in on the blonde, "Hey, you're okay. Let's step outside for a minute, ok?"

Noah nodded shakily, "Yeah."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Maddie asked softly, and Noah shook her head quickly, she could never explain the things that went on in her mind to someone like Maddie. Someone normal.

"Okay, you don't have to talk about it...but are you okay?"

That was a complex question really. Noah was always okay, or at least she always said she was. The problem was her mind never let her escape HYDRA.

"I...I don't know." Noah shrugged, "Do you want me to call May? I'm sure she'll give us a ride home"

"Yeah, actually. I just need sleep."

"I had a panic attack just standing at the stupid party, okay? I'm sorry that I couldn't keep an eye on Parker, because I was too busy freaking out over my stupid brain."

"Noah," Tony's voice was filled with pity, from the other side of the phone, he knew exactly what it was like. The two of them were more similar than Noah would ever admit too.

"Forget it, Tony." Noah sighed, "I'm going to bed."

The red head didn't go to bed, she couldn't. Instead she slipped back away into her perfect little world. Her pocket dimension.

Things were always better there. It was a coping mechanism, she knew that.

Noah was doing the best she could, the civil war between the Avengers was hard on everybody, but it was especially hard on her.

-

"When you said you needed to talk to me I was hoping it wouldn't be involving a glowing piece of alien rock." Noah sighed, "An alien rock?" Ned asked, jaw dropped.

"Some guy tried to vaporize me with it." Peter stated, "You are impossible. I don't fail, Parker and you are making it very hard to succeed." Noah muttered.

"What do I have to do with you succeeding?" Peter titled his head in question, "A lot, unfortunately. I'm supposed to be keeping you out of trouble, and clearly," she motioned the the glowing rock, "I'm not doing an adequate job."

"Tony asked you to babysit me?" Peter questioned, "Yup."

"But you're younger than me." Peter stated, "And? I could kill you before you blink."

"What are you an assassin?" Ned asked, "Precisely, my dude. Precisely." she was the kind of person who altered small things about the way she talked or acted for different people, in general she wouldn't be caught dead saying 'my dude'.

"Anyway, I think this thing is a power source." Peter noted, "Yeah but, it's connected to all these microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate." Ned stated, "That's what I use to charge my toothbrush."

"Whoever's making these weapons, is obviously combining alien tech with ours." Peter continued to poke around at the machine, "That's literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said."

"I am sure that I have said cooler." Noah quipped, and Peter brought down a hammer upon the alien tech, a loud sound clashed through the air, the three of them flinched.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades,"

"I gotta figure out what this thing is and who makes it." Peter spoke, "Or you could just drop it, and hand it over to the adults to deal with."

"You mean the ones that are like on the run?" Peter asked, "That was mean, Peter." Noah frowned, "I'm sorry, that was mean." he rushed out.

Noah followed behind Ned and Peter, close enough to hear them, but far enough away that it wouldn't seem like she was following them.

"First we put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer." Ned stated, "First we gotta come up with a better name than 'glowy thing'. " Peter corrected.

"You're right." Ned agreed as the two of them rounded the corner, "Crap!" Peter ran off to the side out of Noah's view, "Come on, Come on." he waved Ned over.

"Hey that's one of the guys that tried to kill me." Peter stated, "What?" Ned asked, eyes wide, "We gotta get out of here."

"No, I have to follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that dropped me in the lake." Peter stated, "Someone dropped you in a lake?" Ned asked, and Peter nodded.

"I seriously hope this isn't you guys trying to be stealthy." Noah quipped startling both of them, "Jesus Noah! You scared me."

"You aren't very experienced at this whole spying thing are you?" She arched an eyebrow at Peter, and he didn't really respond.

"Okay. This has gone on long enough." Noah stated, "If your plan is to be some sort of masked vigilante, you have to at least learn how to be good at it. Luckily for you, I am an amazing teacher...Don't get yourself killed between now and the end of the day. I have a lunch date."

"A lunch date?"