thirteen.

March, 2018
Wakanda

Noah's knee bounced up and down nervously as they got closer and closer to Wakanda, "Are you alright?"

Noah's head snapped upward, catching Wanda's concerned gaze, "Yeah..yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Nope. I kind of feel like I'm gonna throw up." Noah breathed pulling her legs up to her chest.

The Quinjet landed and Noah stood up, taking a deep breath and then quickly walking beside Natasha.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked from behind Noah, "Yeah, he's a king."

A small amused smile pulled at her lips, with Rhodey's response, "It seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve stated shaking T'Challa's hand.

Bruce cleared his throat offering a bow, "What are you doing?" Rhodey asked, "Uh, We don't do that here." T'Challa stated.

And Noah laughed fairly loudly receiving a whack on the shoulder from Natasha, "Sorry."

"Shuri, will be happy to see you," T'Challa nodded at Noah, before turning away, "How big of an assault should we expect?"

"Uh, Sir, I think you should expect quite a big assult." Bruce stuttered out, "How we looking?" Natasha asked.

"You will have my king's guard, the Border Tribe, the Done Milaje, and..." T'Challa motioned to the man approaching them.

Noah's jaw clenched shut falling a back a bit, almost hiding herself behind Natasha like she was a child again, "A semi-stable-100-year-old Man."

Steve moved forward to hug him, "How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad for the end of the world." Bucky looked behind him offering an awkward nod in the direction of Natasha and Noah.

"Nat." Bucky greeted with a tight-lipped smile, "I'm gonna go find Shuri," Noah whispered to her mom, trying to make a very quick exit.

"Hey, Noah."

Noah just nodded at him before taking off.

---

"Noah!" Shuri exclaimed a small smile on her face, "Hi!" Noah beamed.

"Oh my God it's been so long, I've missed you!" Shuri spoke as they went through their handshake fairly quickly, "I know I'm sorry, it's just-"

"Your father, I know."

Noah grimaced, "I would've come around but it's just so weird. And I don't know how to deal with it, you know?"

"I know," Shuri nodded, "Now let's go ahead and get this whole saving the world thing over with so we can catch up, yes?"

Vision laid on the table as Shuri scanned him, pulling up a projection of the mind stone, "The structure is polymorphic."

"Yeah, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce spoke, "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asked and then looked towards Noah.

"Don't look at me, I was like 12 they wouldn't accept any of my input. Plus I was un-involved at that point."

"And we didn't think of it." Bruce answered moments later, "I'm sure you did your best." Shuri stated.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked, "Yes, but there are more than two trillion neutrons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It'll take time, brother." Shuri answered, "And an extra set of hands?" she asked looking at Noah.