Chapter 21.

Calums POV

*A few hours later*

Ariana and Michaels parents finally got here and Luke had been here for a while now too. We were all anxiously waiting to see if she was going to make it.

Michael stopped crying and he was staring at the ground blankly, Zoe left the room with Ashton so Michael and his family didn't see her crying.

Luke began to pace the room and I knew he was feeling guilty. It wasn't completely his fault, she was probably upset about him cheating on her but that text message pushed her over the edge as she has been feeling depressed for a while.

The nurse finally entered the room and looked at us all sympathetically, I began to feel even more nervous about the words that could possibly be leaving her mouth.

"Family and friends of Ariana Clifford?" We all nodded and a few sniffles were heard.

"Okay. Ariana has overdosed as you probably already know, we were able to get it out of her system. She's-" gasps filled the room and cut the nurse off.

"Shes passed. Im so sorry, unfortunately we couldnt save her. So if you want to say your goodbyes you can go in now." The nurse smiled sympathetically.

"You guys go in first" Michaels mum spoke weakly to the three of us.

I put my arm around Michael and Luke did the same, I mentally prepared myself for what I would be seeing in a matter of minutes.

"She's dead.." Michael whispered and he began to cry once more.

We entered the room slowly and sat down beside her bed. I burst into tears as soon as I came to realisation that my best friend is dead. She's gone. She's never coming back.

"Ari. Why did you have to go? You had so much to live for" Michael whispered and took her pale hand in his.

I looked at Luke who was shaking and his eyes were red and puffy with fresh tears falling from his blue eyes.

"Its all my fault. Its my fault that you're gone. Why was I so stupid? I was so lucky to have you and I messed up and now you're gone. Its my fault that you left this earth. I love you Ariana, I always will" Luke cried.

"It isnt your fault.. Its mine. If I didn't push you into that girl none of this would have happened" Michael whispered.

"It isn't your fault either" I replied.

"Goodbye Ariana. You were the best little sister in the whole w-world." He paused and squeezed his eyes shut.

"You were a pain but I loved you. You inspired me for new hair colours and piercings and you were the inspiration for my first tattoo. I love you Ariana. Goodbye princess." He finished and wiped his eyes.

"G-goodbye Ariana.. I can't believe this happened to you, you didn't deserve this. You were a happy ball of sunshine, I love you best friend, I'll never ever forget you. You mean the world to all of us princess" I spoke and stroked my finger softly over her cold hand.

"A-ariana. If I could change this entire night I would, I would have held you in my arms and kissed you and I wouldn't have gone to that party and this wouldn't have happened. You would still be here and you wouldn't be in a hospital bed. I love you so much, I'll never forget you. Ever" Luke kissed her lips after me and Michael kissed each of her pale cheeks.

"Goodbye" we whispered simultaneously and we left the room.

Ashton and Zoe went into the room with Zoe's mum to say their goodbyes. Michael stopped crying so that he could comfort his mum and dad. He was so strong. I hope Ariana always watches over us. She would be so proud of how Michael is handling this right now.

Luke began to cry and I wrapped my arms around him so that we could cry into each others shoulders. I'm going to miss my best friend a lot, she meant everything to each of us and now she's gone a little piece of us is gone also.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Michael whispered.

His parents shook their heads and smiled at him before heading off down the hallway. Zoe and her mum were crying into each others arms and Ashton had tearstained cheeks and his gaze was focused on the ground.

"Ariana is g-going to be so p-proud of you" I whispered to Michael and hugged him.

"Everything will be okay. We are here for you" Luke added, michael smiled and thanked both of us.

"Ashton, are you okay?" Zoe's mum asked as she finally stopped crying, I turned my attention to the curly haired boy who nodded and forced a smile.