Part 8

Della was moved into Steve's place and felt a whole lot better about it. He didn't have to worry so much finding her on the floor for days. Two weeks until Christmas and Della had to go down to see a family member who was passing. Steve didn't want her to go and be with those horrible people. But that is her family, so he wouldn't stop her.

Steve and Bones were called to meet a car that will drive them to their next client. It wasn't a long drive.

On the drive, he was thinking about what to get for Della for Christmas. Maybe this will be the time to ask her out as a girlfriend, Bones has been bugging him since he found out about the move.

As they got out for meeting the new client. Lighting up his cigarette. Walking down they saw Elvis. Sitting on one of the letter of the Hollywood sign.

"I wanted to ask they two of you... How do you think my music is now?"

"Honest?" Bones asked.

"Yes."

"It's pretty shitty."

Elvis chuckled with a smirk. "The Cornell is controlling my music and I wanted to do a live Christmas concert."

"We don't do Christmas live."

"Well I want to work with the both of you. And to prove to him that I do not need him." Elvis smile as he stood up from the sign.

Steve threw the bud away. "Alright we can give it go."

They stated to plan out what they could do for the show. Plans after plans, then they had to call it a day. Steve was happy that Elvis to have him as his client. Could not... Well when she gets home he can tell her everything. He sat by himself on the couch, when he turned on the TV it was cartoons. Chuckling at himself thinking that Della had been home but she left last night.

Going to his bedroom as he opens a beer. Pulling her pillow over to his chest. Her smell enters in nostrils. It felt like she was with him. Bringing the pillow with him, it comforted him. Then the phone rings.

"Hello?"

'Hi Steve.' Della sweetly said.

"Hey honey. Doing okay?"

'Slowly going. I would rather be home. I already said my goodbyes twice and I just want to home with you.it feel weird around here.' She was scratching her arm out of nervousness. Hearing it through the other line.

"Baby stop that you are going to stress yourself out. You need to relax." He sorta sighs as he rubs his head. "Sorry. Why don't you take a shower and try to get some sleep when you get off with me."

'Okay I'll try. Like I said I just want to be home with you.'

"I know baby. I love you. But you can do this." Steve takes a swig after he lit up his third pack of cigarette.

'I can.' she took a moment to say something. 'I better get going. Love you.'

Steve stayed up most of the night anyways. He didn't like sleeping alone. Television was left on as he slept on the couch, in his boxers.

The couch wasn't the most comfortable place, but it was better than nothing. Sure he could sleep in his own bed. Were it was more comfortable.

Not eating a good breakfast he just had some toast and some tea. Going to work as he worked back staged with his other coworkers. Listening to song after song, calling people to come and join them.

Kelly called him while he was on his break. 'Hows working going honey?'

"Fine mom. Just fine." He couldn't really give out anything away. "How are you?"

'Good. Is Della still with her parents?'

"Yes mom. I just got the call saying that her relative just passed and she is flying out."

Flabbergasted that Della wasn't staying for the funeral. 'Is Della mad for not staying for the funeral?'

"No mom she isn't. Her family isn't going to have one. That's why Della is flying out." He was short with her. "Besides mom if the were going to have one, she couldn't go anyways because of her job."

'Oh she has a job.. what selling drugs?' Snorting a little. 'I'm kidding honey. That's good that Della has one.'

"Mom, she's not five. When are you going to face the facts that she is my girlfriend?" He stood up to his mom, which he never does. "And I love her."

' Ugh. Look how you are acting towards me. It's her doing! And no I won't treat her any differently then I normally do. She ruined our life of happiness. Steve you never acted out like this.'

"Mom, she's doing her best in life. Like we ALL are. If you want to continue to treat her like that. Mom, you are pushing me away each time. Your only son." Kelly rubs it into other people's face about being the only son. So now it his turn. To lose the only kid that she has. "Besides, she stopped taking them and Della has been doing great. Making me happy and proud of her."

'If that is how you feel then..'

" 'If that is how I feel'? Really mother. You know what I have to go. I'm not going to fight with you on stupid things that you can't get over." Slamming his phone down as he went back to work. Steve wanted Della back home now!

No Steve never snapped at his mother like that. But seeing his girl being tear down by Kelly and being respectful because of him. And not having Kelly doing the same, he had enough with it. Steve is sure that Della would say stuff to her by now. Alas she wouldn't.

Steve went home around five am making sure that cameras were point on sliding correctly. 23 more hours and Della will be home in his arms and in bed. Making love to her until they both could not stand it anymore.