Part 9

Steve went out to buy some smokes, Della called in early that morning telling him that her flight got delayed because of all the snow that they were having and should be home.

As a man he does need to man up and not needing her as much. He has to do that while growing up.. why isn't he doing this now? He doesn't know also. Steve went grocery shopping while Della is out. Also buying two packs of cigarettes.

Also buying two bags of dog food that Billy needs to eat and some wet food. At home Kelly was awaiting for him. She didn't look happy. Picking up some bags. "Mother."

"Steve!" Saying while she got out of the car. "My favorite son." Following him to the apartment. "How have you been?"

"Fine mom." He didn't really want her to be here but he didn't want to be rude and tell her to go away. "How are you?"

"Good, good. Is Della home?"

"Not yet she will be soon though." 'not soon enough.' he told himself. "Why?"

"I was only asking. Anyways did anyone go down with her?"

"No mom.. one of her family members passed away remember?" 'We talked about it. Are you really trying to piss me off here?' Thinking to himself.

"Oh yes. Sorry baby."

"So what brings you by mom?" Opening the door to his house.

"Can't a mother visit her son?" She enters the home standing in the living room.

"Yes but you live an hour away. So what is truly on your mind?" Putting the dog food away.

"Oh I just want to visit my son before 'life ruiner' " She mutter 'life ruiner' under her breath."Della, come home." She smiled. Sitting on the couch. "Can I have some coffee?"

Steve aggressively sighed as he nod and headed towards the kitchen. "So you can say go me that she is poison to me and that she truly doesn't love me." He poured some water into the pot.

"Well I mean your not wrong. About the poison."

Right then he wanted to kick her out. "Mom she isn't. She hasn't touched it over in a year. And we are planning to buy a house." He rubbed it in.

Licking her lips as she held her breath. "A house?"

Steve was kinda lying. "Yeah. I mean we've been dating for a long time and thinks it's time. And a yard for Billy to walk around or whatever he wants. "

Crossing her arms as she was getting mad. "Oh really?"

"Yeah. I mean why not? I'm thinking about asking her to marry me."

"Are you trying to make your own mother mad? Or give me a heart attack?"

"Now why would I do that mother?" Coffee was being made, getting two coffee cups down.

"Because I know you Steve. You like to push my bottoms when you feel like it. I feel like that Della is causing this. Because you never acted like this."

"Well if you treated Della a bit more nicer maybe I wouldn't be so hard." Wheb the coffee was finished she poured the coffee into the cups as it was mixing up the milk and sugar.

Stuttering with shock that her son would ever say that to her. "My! I would never say! Steve Jeff Binder... If I were you, right now I would... I would change your attitude and break up with that girl." Taking a few sips after Steve hands her the mug.

"Sorry mom. And no I won't break up with her." Taking a sip, knowing that he would be staying up all night to pick up Della. "I'm an adult. I have a job. And I have a person that I'm desperately in love with and have been for the longest time. Now I have my dream job, along with the girl of my dreams. Dad doesn't have a problem with that."

Kelly was even more shocked. "You still talk to him?"

"Not all the time. Just once in a great and I mean great while." Sipping on his coffee.

"Why on earth would you want to talk to that MAN? He is the one who ruined our life not only that our family."

"Mom, I understand but he wants to reconnect with me."

"No.. no I won't allow it." Grabbing her bag. "Fine be with Della... But do not I repeat do not have anything to do with that fine." Calming down a bit. "I love you Steve. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I won't be home. I'm taking Della, provided if her plane will land on time. I'm taking Della out."

Kelly sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Alright dear. I love you and see you later."

Awaiting for Della's call but it never happened. Steve sat on the bed rubbing his eyes as the phone rang. 'Hi Steve.' Della mutters.

"Hey sweetie... Where are you I can barely hear you?"

'I'm still with my mom and step dad, they cancelled my flight but I get a free ticket since this is the third time that they cancelled.' she looked down the hallway. 'Sorry. They are sleeping and I don't want to wake them up. How has your day been?'

"Well my mom overreacting to things. But I'll tell you another time. I'm just happy to hear your voice. I miss you so much."

'I miss you too baby. I want to be in your arms and sleep. The bed that they have in my old room is broken.'

"Well I'll hold you all day and night. Because when you get home I'm yours all day and night. Besides I'm never letting you go baby. Or go with you."

She chuckles then she shortly sighed. 'You sound sleepy and I don't want to keep you up.'

"I'm good baby. I'll stay up with you all night if I have too."

'One of the many reasons why I love you. No I better let you go and I don't want them to get mad.'

Steve groans with a little sigh. "Alright. I love you. And I cannot wait to see you."