>shark bite<

description: the triplets go surfing and have a bad encounter with a shark

is another short one cause i didn't know what to write

credits: nocmmnt123

tw: swearing, blood, injury, shark/shark attack, hospitals+medical stuff

third person's pov*

the triplets were at the beach for the week, it was winter break back in boston, and their parents brought them to california to be in warmer weather. today, they signed up for surfing lessons! shouldn't be too hard, right? well, for matt and chris, they were easy. nick on the other hand, not so much. he kept falling off the board and soon gave up and played in the water before joining his parents who were watching matt and chris when he got bored.

everything was going well and matt was surfing a medium size wave with chris waiting for the next one. all of a sudden, a megaphone sounded throughout the beach and it yelled, "shark spotting! i repeat, shark spotting! everyone out of the ocean and as far away from the shore as you can." it repeated that message a few more times and nick snapped his head up to meet chris's eyes. he started running down the beach to get to him, chris was holding himself up in the water by his board and he was waiting for matt.

matt was done with the wave when he heard the message. his eyes widened and he quickly swam his way back to the shallower part of the ocean. just as he was about to reach where chris was, he felt a pain in his leg and felt a weight pull him down in the ocean. he lost his grip on his board and his head slipped under water. he thrashed around trying to free his leg and felt an arm pull him up and away.

whatever it was that had a hold on his leg let go and he was able to break the surface and gasp for air. chris was pulling him along the ocean and nick met them at the shore, helping chris help matt out and away from the water. matt was so focused on trying to catch his breath and the adrenaline was pumping through his body so much that he didn't realize his leg pouring blood from bite marks.

the life guard saw matt's leg and called 911. the triplets got to where mary lou and jimmy had moved to and nick and chris gently set matt down on a towel, being very careful of his leg. once he was set down, matt felt all the pain in his leg rush to him. he let a cry of pain as he tried to lift his head to see his leg. it was covered in blood and he could see where the shark had gotten ahold of his leg with it's pointy teeth.

the paramedics thankfully got there quickly and searched the beach for any injured people, getting matt on a gurney and rolling him into the ambulance. the family was worried for matt, they knew it wasn't a fatal injury, thankfully, but he was losing a lot of blood and was in a lot of pain. they just hoped that the doctors gave him something so he can sleep through the pain.

the family rushed to the hospital and had to wait in the waiting room while matt was rushed to the ER. matt had lost too much blood so they had to perform surgery on him. the surgery went well, but matt had to stay in the hospital for a few days until he was able to be released, and had to walk in crutches for a few weeks since his leg was too weak to support him.

when he woke up a few hours later, his leg was wrapped up in a cast and his family was sitting around him. they noticed that he was awake and jumped up, feeling a sense of relief wash over them. "matt! you're awake!" chris exclaimed. matt nodded, smiling and trying to sit up. nick and chris helped him sit up and he looked at his leg.

"w-what happened?" he asked softly. the family looked at each other and chris cleared his throat.

"there was a shark sighting, and the ocean was cleared out. you were trying to get out, but a shark got ahold of your leg. you got out of it's hold, but you were bleeding pretty badly and thankfully the paramedics came when they did, you were in a lot of pain. then they performed surgery on you to stitch the bite marks and give you more blood since you lost a lot. you're leg's really weak too, so you're gonna have to walk with crutches for a few weeks." he answered. the rest of the family nodded and matt nodded too, understanding what happened.

"when can i leave?" he looked up at them again.

"they're gonna keep you in here for a few days, babe." nick said. "they don't want you to go around walking right after getting bit by a shark." matt nodded and the family went to a different conversation.

matt was in the hospital for four days after that, and had an...interesting time on crutches. chris mainly had to help him, especially onto the plane back to boston. matt spent the nights with either nick or chris until his leg healed so that if he needed to go anywhere, they could help him.

the family left that californian beach with a new lesson learned: always be cautious of sharks in the ocean and probably stick more towards the shore the out far in the ocean...
————
this was a request that i had no idea how to write, honestly😂
but another one out cause i'm bored at lunch at school and my friends are sitting somewhere else so i'm alone🙃
i've never seen a shark at the beach, never went away for winter break to the beach, obviously never gotten bit by a shark, but nonetheless, I hope you guys liked this one
also sorry for writing a few short ones, i've been a bit busy with school, my family, and i recently got into a new fanfic-series-thingy, so i'm trying to balance my time while also trying to get oneshots out to you guys:)
but i hope you guys enjoyed this one and like always, please like and comment any ideas y'all may have:)