Chapter 2: Mysteries

Diplo- On my mind
"You stay on my mind,
Think about you all the time,
Got to get to know you well"

Charles' pov

I sit in my car looking at the girl that just ran out of it. She seemed so stressed, especially after she recognized me. I feel a little sad somehow that she did recognize me due to the car, not just me. "Well, that was quite an interesting morning." I grin at myself, thinking that I only went picking up some things for my mother and bumping into this girl. Inever had a girl running out of my car before. Normally when they recognize me they flirt and try to get home with me. But not this girl, "Lilly", she had something different. I look down and feel I start blushing. My shirt is still soaked in coffee and I decide to leave it that way. I was on my way to see my mother, she will have another shirt for me.

"Bonjour maman", she looks at me and immediatly starts to worry. "Oh my pretty son, are you okay?". "It's fine, it's just my shirt mom". She looks at me more closely and sees my red cheeks. "Ah, did Charlotte not have another shirt for you?", she smirks. My eyes start to pannick, shit yes Charlotte, my girlfriend. "Eh yeah we went out for coffee together and her cup fell onto me.", This is a lie Charles, and your mother will now that, what are you doing? "Where is she, I haven't seen her in a while", she asks me. "Oh with some friends I believe, but do you have a spare shirt for me?". "Yess, wait here". She comes back with a shirt that is just a little too small but I decide to role with it.

We go for lunch together and walk around the city for a while. I am a lot from home for my job in Formula 1, and my younger brother Arthur is a lot at the Ferrari Divers Academy in Italy, leaving my mother alone in Monaco for most of the year. She misses us a lot, but despite the fact we spend a lot of time apart, she noticed something different in me today. I seemed to be distant, and it was not about the championship she told me. I shrugged. Maybe things between him and Charlotte aren't all good, she thinks to herself. She is not going to ask about it, he will tell if he's ready.

My mind wanders to her. "Lilly", I don't know why she has a hold of me. I hope she got the job. In the evening I'm watching a movie on the couch with Charlotte. I can't focus on the movie and sigh, telling Charlotte I'm going to bed early, even before the movie is over. "Is everything okay?" She asks me and I feel another lie slip through my lips. "Everything is fine, just tired." I smile faintly at her. "Nothing to worry about." She smiles back as she starts putting on her own tv show and I move to the bedroom. In bed the only thing I see is the image of her again, she is beautiful, charming and so... mysterious. I smirk when I think of her trying to speak French, yet she spoke Spanish instead. Will I ever see her again? I wonder. Eventually I fall asleep, thinking of her, Lilly.