Chapter 47: Monaco again

Charles' pov

I got second place in Imola and it's already raceweekend again. It's so weird to have raceweekend from home. I do love it. Our own bed, our own stuff, our comfortzone. I do however find it difficult to get focussed for raceweekend. Although the whole city is busy getting ready for the raceweekend, I still have a little trouble getting into my focus. I notice Lilly also doesn't really know what to do with it. She goes to work like normal, she does however stop earlier and comes to track afterwards. It's the day of qualifying and I wake up to do my normal race routine. Lilly dances her morning around my schedule. She has so much respect for my routine which is very nice. "Ready to go to track?" I ask her. "You go, I'll have to make a quick stop at the research centre. I'll see you during lunch." She smiles at me and gives me a kiss. She wishes me luck for fp3 and takes off. I go to track. Somehow I'm more nervous than normal. I just want to win this race so bad. It would mean the world to me. 

Lilly is in the garage when I get back in after FP3. "Looks amazing so far love" I get out of the car and give her a kiss. I somehow look at her hands. "Did you do your nails?" "Ehm yess, is it too much? Carmen said it would be nice to have them done for Monaco GP especially." "No, they look amazing." Carmen, you smart woman. I know what you're thinking. We go grab lunch together and have fun laughing around. Carlos and Isa also join us later on. Tension is still noticable but they get along better. When Carlos and I have to leave again Lilly goes to watch qualifying with Carmen. I walk with Carlos. "Are you okay? You seem so nervous." I give him a soft smile "I think I'm going to ask her to marry me this weekend." He stops and hugs me "I'm so happy for you guys." I thank him. I think that saying that out loud gave me wings or something. Never before I've driven so fast here and I secured pole for tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilly's pov

I go with Carmen to the nailsalon. "Is this really necesary? This is just so not me..." Carmen looks at me. "Oh stop it. You've got to have pretty nails this weekend. Monaco GP is purely based on showing how rich everyone is. So pretty nails are a part of that." "Yeah but like, I'm not rich tho." She gives me a look of disappointment. "Stop talking yourself down, now choose a nice color. I would pick something natural but maybe with some shine." "Oh I really like those glazed donut nails from Haily Bieber." I get back to the track afterwards to lunch with Charles. He's still out in the last minutes of FP3 when I arrive. I quickly ask someone for updates on how this went. I see he's in first at the moment. I have some kind of gut feeling this might be his weekend. 

Charles and I have lunch later together and get joined by Isa and Carlos. She's a nice girl, don't get me wrong but it still feels a bit forced. And I know she visited Charlotte yesterday, which makes it even more difficult. After lunch I get saved by Carmen calling me to come watch from the balcony. Charles is doing amazing and he secured pole. I don't know how he did it but he was so quick. I run to the garage to celebrate with him. "Pole baby, letsgo!" He gets out the car and hugs me tight. "Did you watch me, I've never driven this fast here before." I smile at him "Ofcourse I watched. I'm already so proud of you." 

We get home and Charles throws his stuff on the floor and jumps on the couch. I'm so annoyed by him when he does that and he knows. But since it's raceweekend I decide to not bother him with it. "I feel like celebrating, shall we order some take out?" I nod and he chooses to get some sushi. "Oh baby, before I forget. The boys and I talked about getting dinner together tomorrow. Are you up for it? If you don't want to thats fine. Than we'll do something with just us." "No I would love dinner with the rest. Who are joining?" "Max & Kelly, Alex & Lily, Car & George ofcourse, Pierre and Lando. I think that was it." "No sounds lovely!" After dinner we went for a short walk around Monaco. Everything is more magical now with the race being here. There are huge parties on the streets. We don't make it too late. Tomorrow he's going to win, I can feel it.