4

Ariana Belle FletcherRome, Italy3:48pm

Rome, Italy
3:48pm

i'm at home in the kitchen, and demario stands in front of me with slumped shoulders with his head facing the floor. he looks like the very definition of a defeated man.

no, not a man. that's too kind of a description. he looks like a lost little boy who got caught doing something he knew was wrong

demario lifts his eyes, looking at me through his long curly lashes.

"ariana?"

he says cautiously in his sweetest voice. the warm sound of his voice makes my heart melt.

despite how kind he sounds, i can still smell the fear oozing out of him. he's afraid of how i will react; and frankly, i'm not too sure.

yes, of course i'm upset. i'm furious even.

but this man, my demario. he has been my dream for the past five years. i already painted a detailed picture of our future together. all the countries we traveled together, all the memories we shared. i've been had time to choose the name of our kids and contemplate their unique personalities that are perfect copies of me and demario.

i'm not ready to throw that dream away. not yet at least.

"demario?"

my voice mirrors his with all his softness and love.

"i'm an idiot. a stupid idiot"

there's no question about that

"yes. you are"

come on, demario. shock me here! i'm tired of supporting you and your fragile ego. it's your time to support me. show me that you love me

demario drops down to his knees and reaches out, grabbing onto my hands.

"i'm sorry"

he brings my hands to his mouth, kissing them tenderly.

"i'm so sorry"

i look down at him with pity in my eyes.

get up!

i shout over and over in my head.

somehow, my message comes across loud and clear. demario rises from the ground standing in front of me.