16

Ariana Belle FletcherCrete, Greece12:01pm

Crete, Greece
12:01pm

i rush upstairs, burst into my room and hurriedly gather all of my things, barely even taking a moment to calm down and think.

i'm doing this! he could be a crazy murderer. and i'm still doing this?

right now, that's the girl i'd like to be. just throw caution to the wind and see where life will lead.

i drag my luggage back downstairs to meet my mysterious new travel companion.

he eyes my baggage—all of my many bags, ten months' worth of things.

"you sure don't travel light, do you?"

"brilliant observation detective"

i snap back sarcastically.

"hey, we all have a lot of baggage!"

he throws his hands up in defeat.

"just lost travelers i tend to encounter travel light. a lot lighter than this"

he gestures to my ten months' worth of clothes.

"well, as you said before. i'm a rare breed"

"i guess i managed to get that big right. i'm glad too"

he says with a hint of a smile on his lips.

"you seem fun, even if you are stuck in all thoughts inside your head"

who does this man think he is?

"hey, just because you have the mysterious greek local vibe going for you doesn't mean you can run around psychoanalyzing people. maybe you think it's coming off as confidence, but the flip side is you're just being a prick"

"ha!"

he explodes with laughter.

"i'm glad you haven't lost your fighting spirit"

"some things never die"

after a moment, his laughter dies down, allowing him a chance to recollect himself.

"please excuse my poor manners and prick-ish behavior"

he coolly extends his hand.