22

Ariana Belle FletcherZócalo, Mexico City11:48am

Zócalo, Mexico City
11:48am

two weeks later...

the time that i've been having with francesco is amazing. the past two weeks have flown by so quickly that i realize i have to go back to america again soon. he has shown me the town he grew up in and all its backstories and legends behind it.

the two of us are sitting walking down the street side by side, talking ad we walk through the colorful plaza.

"when you are leaving back to chicago?"

a hint of sadness lines his tone. my heart sinks to the pit of my stomach as i realize it'll be awhile until i see him again.

i slowly travel my fingertips along his arm down to his hand while maintaining eye contact with him.

"tomorrow morning"

francesco nods in acceptance and avoids meeting my eyes to not make things awkward.

"before you leave, there's one more place i want to show you"

my ears perk up with interest, and i stand up straighter to let him continue speaking.

"i want to take you to terraza gran hotel"

the words roll off his tongue so perfectly, and his heavy accent is filled with desire.

"a hotel? anything you want to show me in particular?"

a small chuckle slips through his lips before nodding his head.

"the view is fantastic, and i've been planning this in case you ever came to visit me"

my heart melts with happiness hearing this news. a warm smile appears on my face as i agree to go with him.

"that's so sweet of you to think of me, francesco. what time you want me to be there?"

"six o'clock sharp. wear something nice. i have another gift for you as well"

"oh, you didn't have to do that at all. but, i appreciate what you have for me tonight"

francesco slips his hand into mine and looks in my direction.

"but i want too. it feels right to be with you and showering you with gifts"

why can't all men be like francesco?