Ariana Belle FletcherRome, Italy10:52pm

Rome, Italy
10:52pm

i mindlessly sip my drink as i eagerly watch demario and juju's conversation.

i have no idea what they're saying. so i am hyper-vigilant of their every action as i stand and watch.

juju rests her hands on his shoulders and pulls herself onto her tiptoes, saying something in his ear.

i cringe.

a fit of laughter takes over Demario's body, and he pulls away, grabbing onto her lower back.

ugh, screw this

watching them together is the last thing i want to do on this friday night.

eventually, i look down and find my drink empty.

i glance back up at demario and juju. i'll need another vodka soda to help get me through the rest of the night.

with my eyes lingering on my former boyfriend and the woman he cheated on me with. i take one more look at the pair and spin around turning on my heels, heading back to the bar.

the bartender greets me immediately.

"bella, back so soon?"

"oh, if only you knew"

his perfectly chiseled jaw tilts to one side in confusion.

"what do you mean?"

"it's a long story"

i respond sloppily.

"i have some time to listen. i'm antonio, by the way"

he reached across the bar offering his hand out to me.

"antonio"

i try his name out in my mouth, and it rolls easily off the tip of my tongue.

"i'm ariana"

despite my drunken state, i charmingly extend my hand out to greet him.

my cheeks tingle with warmth as soon as he clasps his hand with mine.

the flirting is harmless, and i happen to love it.

it takes me away from my role as a broken-hearted girl for a moment. for a split second, i'm freed from this old worn-out story.