12

Ariana Belle FletcherRome, Italy12:04pm

Rome, Italy
12:04pm

the rest of my week is plagued with lectures, school papers, and exams. thanks to isolating myself after the breakup, and my fierce determination to the world's most outstanding student, i manage to survive the heavy coarse load.

not to mention, the memory of the weekend, mainly my coffee date with francesco, helps get me through the long week.

talking with francesco was a simple pleasure, but it helped ease my broken heart. just being able to talk to someone else, someone who understands what i had to go through, made me feel a little less lonely.

of course it was slightly strange since he happens to be juju's boyfriend, but after the initial awkwardness faded away, it felt so natural being with him.

the only issue is that after our conversation, he keeps popping up in my mind as i try to focus all of my energy on writing papers, talking class notes, or answering exam questions. my mind keeps slipping back to francesco's emerald-colored eyes and his long golden chestnut hair.

and for whatever reason, i must be on his mind too.

"ariana!"

i see the message on my computer screen while i finish writing my final paper.

my heart pounds a second of a fraction faster in m y chest. i know he just sent me a message, but i feel like he is excitedly calling out my name next to me.

"are you free for coffee? i'm still waiting to hear your story!"

amazing! how rare, a guy who wants to listen. a guy interested in knowing my story!

i hold my face with my hands and feel the warmth rising to my cheeks. i feel giddy from just the thought of seeing him again.

"of course! i'm available and willing to share. just tell me when and where"

"how about now? and let's go back to our place"

our place!

my dreamy head starts to float up to the stars. i'm already thinking about "we" and the rituals we'll share.

okay. let's calm down. he still has a girlfriend, even if she is a cheat

"i'll be there in fifteen minutes"

i text back to him.