[7Δ] Harumi Shuzenji: Origins

The room, cluttered with open brown moving boxes, suffocated Harumi Suzenji, squeezing the air from her lungs. Every corner was a jumble of chaos, a stark reflection of her frayed nerves. Gracelessly, she maneuvered through the cramped space, navigating between stacks of possessions. Her mother's intrusion was the reason she had chosen to live with her father until his untimely passing. In his home, she had found solace and privacy, a sanctuary where she could truly be herself. He had respected her boundaries, unlike her mother, who reveled in snooping through her belongings, tirelessly purging any perceived "bad influences" from her sacred domain.

Her mother's abode, in stark contrast, exuded a sleek and modern aesthetic, with a color palette dominated by stormy greys and sterile whites. It resembled a clinical ward, a twisted representation of her mother's obsession with control. This aesthetic was only made possible by her mother's sizable U.A. paycheck, with its extravagant number of zeroes. Principal Nezu, her boss, often joined them for dinner, his enigmatic presence reinforcing the impression that he had no life outside of the U.A. campus.

On the surface, it seemed like a perfect life. A mother who was both a hero and a doctor, a luxurious Japanese home that fulfilled every material desire. Yet, one crucial element was missing—friends. Her mother's iron grip extended even to her social life, meticulously vetting each potential acquaintance, ruthlessly banishing them if they bore the slightest blemish on their records or seemed too extraordinary to fit her narrow perception of suitability.

A never-ending paradox.

Their relationship grew increasingly distant and strained, reaching its breaking point when her mother discovered her aspirations to attend U.A. "Don't you dare think about applying to the Hero Course!" her mother had vehemently protested. "It's far too dangerous!"

Harumi found herself trapped within the confines of her own home.

"Why become a hero when you can pursue a safe career as a doctor or nurse?" her mother persistently redirected her ambitions. "It's just a phase."

"You're not even listening to me!" Harumi screamed, storming up to her room. Collapsing onto her bed, she unleashed a primal scream of frustration, venting her pent-up emotions into the fabric of her pillow.

A faint glimmer caught her attention in her peripheral vision, but she paid it no mind. It was only when a woman's voice pierced through the chaos that she snapped to attention.

"Congratulations! After meticulous evaluation, we have chosen you as our next member!" The woman's voice carried a sickeningly cheery tone. Harumi recoiled in fear, pushing herself backward, away from the intrusive presence.

"Who are you?!" she demanded, her voice trembling with a mix of curiosity and trepidation.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you are now a Kamen Rider!" The woman produced a plastic box, its bottom a vibrant yellow and the lid a foreboding black. Harumi had little choice but to accept the mysterious offering.

Inside the box lay a peculiar device and a small trinket adorned with the likeness of a feline mask. "Kamen... Rider?"

"If you choose to accept, kindly share with me your deepest desire," the woman implored. "Or in your case, why do you yearn to become a hero?"

Harumi's mouth gaped open, but no words escaped. She was paralyzed, consumed by shock. This unexpected turn of events presented her with a lifeline, an opportunity to break free from her mother's suffocating grip. "My desire...?" she murmured, her voice barely audible, as she received a small plaque adorned with a quill, a symbol of her newfound destiny.