Chapter I - Young Head of The Thames

One day, in the Henituse Family, Count Deruth gathered his three children in order to tell them who would be the heir to the Henituse family. Count Deruth was actually not too sure of his decision because he was afraid that his eldest son would not agree with his decision.

Cale Henituse, Basen Henituse, and Lily Henituse. Cale Henituse, Count Deruth Henituse's first son born to his deceased first wife, Jour Thames. Cale was famous for his short-tempered and arrogant attitude. He was also called the trash and disgrace of the Henituse Family.

Basen Henituse, Count Deruth's second son who was brought into the Henituse Family by the new Countess, Countess Violan. In contrast to Cale, Basen was quite famous for his intelligence and mature demeanor. Many relatives supported him to become the heir even though he was not a descendant of the Henituse Family.

Lily Henituse, Count Deruth's youngest daughter born to Countess Violan. Lily is a cute little girl with ambitions to become a knight. Lily was close to Basen and Cale. However, Lily rarely talked to Cale because she thought Cale had an aura that was hard to approach.

"I gathered the three of you here, because I have already decided carefully who will be the heir of the Family." Count Deruth said to his children.

Cale, Basen, and Lily were simply silent. Count Deruth continued his speech.

"I decided that Basen Henituse will be the heir to the Henituse family." continued Count Deruth.

"I decided that Basen Henituse will be the heir to the Henituse family. Does anyone object to this decision?" continued Count Deruth.

"Hmm... I don't mind. If that's all you want to say, I'll say goodbye first." Cale said as he lowered his body and exited his father's office.

Count Deruth was slightly surprised by Cale's calm today. Count Deruth got a report from the deputy butler Hans who was always watching and reporting on all the deeds that Cale had been doing all this time. He assumed that Cale's attitude had changed due to the shock of his mother's death. Therefore, Count Deruth didn't do much about Cale's attitude.

Count Deruth felt that he had given Cale the freedom to calm his heart. However, there was one thing Count Deruth missed about his eldest son. Count Deruth had no idea that his eldest son was hiding something big from him. No one knew it, not even Ron Molan who had been his supervisor for 18 years.

While Count Deruth and Basen were discussing paperwork and Lily was going through her training, Cale returned to his room and opened his wardrobe. Cale shifted his hanging clothes and felt something on top of his cupboard, then pressed it.

A secret door opened from his wardrobe. Actually, rather than a door, it looked more like a magic portal. Cale entered that portal and left his house. Cale came out in a fairly dense forest. He walked forward and found a large and luxurious mansion.

"Even though uncle said that the Thames Family is a baron's family

"Even though uncle said that the Thames Family is a baron's family. But, why do they have a mansion like this? I still find it hard to believe it until now. Is the Thames Family a rich baron family?" Cale said as he entered the mansion.