Chapter V - Story About The Past

Cale and his party ran as fast as they could and now they had been running for an entire day. But even though they had run as fast as they could, they still had not arrived at the village of the blue wolf tribe.

Cale ran as fast as he could while carrying Raon in his arms. He held Raon tightly because he didn't want that little boy to be blown away by the strong winds while they were running. Raon had said many times that he could return to his dragon form and fly after them.

However, Cale still refused Raon's suggestion because it would be dangerous for Raon if anyone found him. Better for Raon to be mistaken for Cale's illegitimate child than for Raon to be caught while in his dragon form.

Cale did not care that he was being misunderstood. He would also never ask others to understand him. Never again. Cale would sacrifice everything to protect the people he loved and the people who loved him. Today, Cale had just gotten two sons and a daughter. One of them is a baby dragon.

The baby dragons still couldn't protect themselves because they had not yet passed their growth phase. Cale would protect Raon Mir Henituse, his youngest son. Cale was not going to let Raon fall into the hands of people like Venion again.

"We're almost there!" Andrius said.

They immediately entered the village when they saw thick black smoke in the sky. Unfortunately, they couldn't make it in time because by the time they got there, the village had been completely massacred. They explored the village that had been burnt to the ground.

Lots of corpses from the blue wolf tribe scattered all over the village. The pungent smell of burning flesh deeply wafted into the noses of Cale and his party. As they were exploring the village, they heard a loud banging of wood.

They immediately approached the source of the sound. They could see an underground door hidden under a table and covered by a red carpet. Because the carpet was on fire, the door was pretty clear. Andrius opened the underground door.

As the door opened, Cale and his party could see 10 children from the blue wolf tribe. Cale felt that these children were hidden while the village was in chaos. Cale, who was still carrying Raon, approached the wolf cubs and asked.

"May we know what really happened here?" Cale asked.

The children from the blue wolf tribe were terrified of Cale at first, but they calmed down when they saw Raon who was in Cale's arms. The children of the blue wolf tribe began to tell the beginning of everything.

At first they were playing as usual, but suddenly the person guarding the village gate entered the village seriously injured. The village head started to feel something was wrong and told them to hide in the village head's house.

They began to hear lots of screaming sounds. The head of the village entered the house and told them to go into the basement. After they entered the basement, the village head told them to be quiet and locked them there.

The children finally knew that their village was under attack through the sounds of clashing blades and the blue wolf tribesmen fighting. The blue wolf tribe lost because the enemy used holy items and holy water to weaken them.

The children of the blue wolf tribe told everything they knew through hearing from the basement while crying. Cale asked the children from the blue wolf tribe.

"Are you guys the only children left here?" Cale asked.

"There should still be one more. His name is Lock. He is our eldest brother. The village head took Lock with him while we were locked in the basement." Said one of the children.

"Hmm... How about you come with me for a while first? I'm sure your village head protected Lock and managed to get Lock to leave safely. I will find Lock for you guys." Cale offered his help.