Chapter XVIII : Substitutes for the Grand Duke

Since Cale was currently unable to do anything including carrying out his job as a Grand Duke, of course there had to be someone to replace him for a while. Normally this kind of thing would be left to the heir, but the heir of the Henituse Family Raon was only 4 years old.

For the matter of work in the Thames Family it doesn't matter because the heir is Noah. But like it or not, Noah must become a substitute for the Grand Duke or find someone else to become a temporary substitute for the Grand Duke.

Currently, Noah was in Cale's office in the Teyvat Empire. He was thinking hard about finding a temporary Grand Duke so he could take care of the matters in the Forton Empire. He started off with Cale's acquaintances first.

"Hell, I had no idea who could become the Grand Duke for a while." Noah said.

"Should I ask Cale directly?" Noah said again.

Noah shook his head and opened Cale's desk drawer. It turned out that there were documents that contained members of the adventurer group that Cale was leading, the Golden Rose group. While looking at the paper, someone knocked on the office door.

"Who?" Noah asked.

"Noah-nim, this is Choi Han's group and Crown Prince Alberu. They want to meet you." The maid who knocked on the door said.

"Let them in." Noah replied.

After she got approval from Noah, the maid opened Cale's office door. Noah told them to sit down and ordered the maid to bring tea and some snacks for them. The maid took Noah's order and immediately came out to bring what Noah ordered.

"So, why did you come here?" Noah asked.

"We heard that Grand Duke Cale had been unconscious since returning from Inazuma. Is he really all right?" Crown Prince Alberu asked.

"Yes, he's fine. He was unconscious because the corrosion was draining his strength. Unconsciousness is a form of self-defense from his body." Noah answered.

"Ah, I just remembered. I have to take the Henituse Family home today. Wait a moment." Noah said again as he walked out of the office.

Noah walked over and ran into a maid he had sent to fetch tea. Noah told the maid to serve tea for him and the guests in the office. He had to leave first because he had other business to do.

Noah walked into the living room and there the Henituse Family is waiting for him. They didn't actually want to go home because of Cale's situation, but they also had territory to pay attention to.

"Are you ready to go home?" Noah asked.

"Is Cale okay?" Count Deruth asked.

"He is fine. Just leave Cale to me and you guys can watch the Henituse territory in peace." Noah answered.

"Then, we will entrust Hyung-nim to you, Noah-nim." Basen said.

"Please take good care of Orabuni, Noah-nim." Lily said.

"Cale is my beloved nephew. I will definitely take good care of him." Noah replied as he clapping his hands.

After clapping his hands, the Henituse Family disappeared from where they were standing. Noah takes them using teleportation because he also has to deal with guests who meet him at the office.

"My business here is done, let's go back to the office." Noah said.

In the office...

Choi Han's group, and Crown Prince Alberu waited for Noah, enjoying the tea prepared by the maids. At first, They just wanted to make sure to Noah that Cale was really okay. But, they realized that they had many questions for Noah.