Chapter XII : You Really A Good-For-Nothing Second Prince

Noel Arian's Point of View...

Hello, my name is Noel Arian. I am the seventh son out of eight children of a fairly poor Viscount Family. My family can be said to be a poor noble family. Our wealth absolutely cannot be compared to the Kshahrewar Family despite our titles being Viscounts together.

In other words, apart from the three eldest children, the other children were no different from commoners. However, I will not give up on pursuing my dream of becoming a knight.

I've been training hard ever since before Teyvat was officially recognized as an Empire. Then, it seems that I am very lucky in this life compared to my other brothers. Unintentionally, I caught the attention of the young Grand Duke of the Henituse Family.

Grand Duke Cale Henituse, the young Grand Duke and General that the Emperor and Imperial Princess were so proud of. He saw me while practicing swords in one of the forests around Khaenri'ah.

He said that I was talented and immediately recruited me to be his knight. Without thinking twice, I accepted his offer. Well, becoming a knight of the Grand Duke Family would be even more luxurious than being the heir to my family.

Then, I was also curious about the abilities of Grand Duke Cale who was said to be very great. He is called the youngest Swordsmaster in the Teyvat Empire. He is also referred to as a very talented magic user and others.

I finally got to see his abilities first hand when I first took part in a high rank Dungeon clearing expedition. I really couldn't believe what I saw. All the monsters in that high ranking Dungeon were completely helpless in front of the Grand Duke.

We cleared tons of high ranking Dungeons in three days. I also gained battle experience because the Grand Duke let several monsters slip through his attacks. It's really good to get real fighting experience.

I will try my best to make money for me and my little brother. My older brothers only thought of themselves because of our poverty. Then, my three eldest brothers didn't care about their younger brothers either. So, why should I worry about their finances?

I use my talent to support myself and my younger brother. I immediately came out of the house with my little brother after I got a house from Grand Duke Cale. The house I got was also bigger and fresher than my family's house, it was the perfect place for my frail little brother.

By the way that house I got as a congratulation from Grand Duke Cale on my elevation to the position of the Grand Duke Henituse Family's guardian knight captain. He is really kind.

'I will be faithful and always by your side, Grand Duke!'

-----------------------------------------------------------

One day, while I was working as usual, I heard from some knights about the Grand Duke and the Forton Empire. I heard from them that the Grand Duke is a wealthy Marquis in the Forton Empire who helped the Crown Prince to the throne.

It was then, that I first met him, Young Master Noah, Grand Duke Cale's heir in the Forton Empire. He is the uncle of the Grand Duke. The Grand Duke needed someone to guard the title of Marquis in the Forton Empire. So, he appointed his uncle for it.

At first me and the other knight captains weren't very close to Young Master Noah, but because Young Master is such a friendly person, we quickly grew close to him. I also consider Young Master Noah as a good friend of mine.

Well, I know that thinking is arbitrary thinking. But, when I accidentally conveyed that thought to Young Master Noah, he said that he also considers all knight captains as his good friends.

Years passed and now was the day the Grand Duke turned 18 years old. He had finally reached adulthood after leading such a large Family at such a young age. I sometimes wonder how there could be someone as talented as the Grand Duke.