Chapter IX - The Whale

While thinking about how busy he would be in the future, Cale felt that a hand was holding his shoulder. The person holding his shoulder was his only uncle from his mother's family and the person who had been giving Cale everything he wanted and needed, Noah Thames. Noah looks worried.

"Cale? Why are you silent? Is something bothering you?" Noah asked.

"Ah? No, nothing." Cale answered.

"Servants of the gods." Andrius called Noah.

"What's wrong, Andrius?" Noah asked.

"The person who carried out the bombing... is he a member of an organization?" Andrius asked.

"Why are you speculating like that?" Noah asked back.

"That... The crest on his clothes looks like the crest of an organization." Andrius answered.

"The former General of The Abyss Order is indeed formidable and has very sharp instincts. Yes, he is a member of a large organization, even to the point of forming a kingdom." Noah said with a smile.

"Same as the Teyvat Empire?" Diluc asked.

"That organization isn't that big. Then, the residents of that kingdom are an outcast tribe like the Dark Elves. As for the Teyvat Empire, the residents are pure members of The Abyss Order." Noah explained.

"Do you have any information on them?" Kaeya asked.

"I think I discussed that organization with one of the gods as a small talk. I will look for files and documents about that organization that are written in the realm of the gods. You guys also ask Nahida. Irminsul should also have information about that organization." Noah answered.

"Me, Hong and Raon just kept quiet in the meeting room, but we were curious. What kind of tree is the Irminsul tree?" On asked.

"The Irminsul Tree is just like the World Tree. Irminsul stores various information from all corners of the world for a very long time. The Sumeru Family is a family that has guarded Irminsul for more than a thousand years." Noah explained.

"The first generation of the Sumeru Family was Young Miss Rukkhadevata Sumeru. Young Miss guarded the Irminsul tree for several centuries until Young Miss Nahida Sumeru was born 500 years ago. But 10 years ago, Miss Rukkhadevata died. That's why, the only one left in the Sumeru Family is Young Lady Nahida." Kaeya added.

"But what still baffles me is Young Lady Rukkhadevata's death. She died of unknown causes, leaving behind her younger sister. Do you know what the cause of death was, servant of the gods? Was it murder?" Diluc asked.

Noah shook his head "No, Rukkhadevata's death was not due to murder. Rukkhadevata died while she was trying to protect Irminsul from the cursed knowledge that tried to enter Irminsul. Unlike the World Tree which can reincarnate, Irminsul cannot. Knowledge that could harm the entire Abyss Order, that was what Rukkhadevata was trying to banish. In the end, Rukkhadevata fought tooth and nail to destroy that knowledge." He explained.

"Young Lady Rukkhadevata managed to destroy that knowledge, but her life was not saved. When I got there, I saw only Young Lady Nahida who was crying while hugging the body of Rukkhadevata who was slowly disappearing. Young Lady Rukkhadevata entrusted Young Lady Nahida to me, she wanted me to protect her little sister. That was Young Lady Rukkhadevata's last message before she finally returned to the realm of the gods." Noah continued his words.

"Oh, I see." Diluc said.

"She is a wonderful young lady." Taylor said.

"Yes, you are right. Rukkhadevata is a beautiful and wonderful young lady. Whenever I see Nahida I always see Rukkhadevata in her." Noah replied.