Ch1: Unexpected Visit

Location: 324 Rosemary Avenue
Tampa, FL

Date: October 16, 2011

Time: 9:45 PM

Carmen Sandiego landed on the back porch, alongside two of her henchmen who came down behind her.

The house was really quiet.

June Sandiego was in her room, asleep.

She had a CPAP machine on, alongside a heart monitor that was monitoring her blood pressure and heart rate while she slept.

She had gone through a painful day of surgery, especially since her mother Carmela Teresa Sandiego and Carmela's partner Doctor Sara Bellum had found another blood clot around her heart after she had a mild heart attack.

Now, she was sleeping peacefully.

Carmela was in her room, sitting up in bed and reading case reports about Carmen's recent thefts.

Being the Co-Chief of ACME wasn't easy, especially with getting reports left and right from other agents about Carmen.

She sighed.

Carmela really missed her oldest daughter Carmen severely.

She wished that Carmen would come home and help her take care of June, her youngest daughter.

She then got out her tablet and checked the cameras, especially the one that she placed in June's room.

Tears were dripping down from her eyes.

Carmela couldn't do this alone.

She needed help. She needed...

Carmen.

As for Doctor Sara Bellum, the young doctor was in the room at the end of the hallway trying to stay awake as she was looking at June's clotted blood cells underneath a microscope.

She rubbed her eyes.

This was going to be a really long night...

........................................................................................................

"I need you to stand guard outside the back door and you... I need you to come with me upstairs to June's room. I need you to stand guard outside of her room while I'm in there with her. Do I make myself clear?" Carmen said, instructing her two henchmen.

"Yes, Carmen." The first henchman said, in understanding.

"Yes, Carmen." The second henchman said, with gratitude.

Carmen smiled.

"Good." She said as the first henchman got into position after she unlocked the back door, using one of her trustee tools from her pocket.

The second henchman opened the door for Carmen and she went in.

........................................................................................................

As Carmela was keeping an eye on June, she saw on another camera, which was in the living room, she saw a huge tall man that was right behind...

Carmen...?

What is she doing here? She probably got my message about June from Player. I need to talk to her... Now! Carmela said to herself as she now began to get out of bed, leaving the tablet on the bed and the reports on her nightstand.

As Carmen was walking up the stairs with one of her henchmen behind her, she saw someone standing in front of June's bedroom door.

"M-Mother...?" Carmen said, surprised to see her.

Carmela smiled.

"My little doll, it's been a long time since I've seen you. How have you been?" She asked, showing Carmen the locket that she wore around her neck.

Inside of the locket was a picture of Carmela sitting up in a bed as Carmen was holding little baby June.

Carmen smiled at the picture and placed her thumb on little baby June.

She really wanted to see her little sister.

"I... I'm doing just fine, aside from the fact that I want to steal something but otherwise, I'm fine." Carmen said, in an explanation.

Carmela sighed.

"That's understandable. Why are you here? Are you... Are you going to steal from me? I... I'm yours and June's mother, Carmen!" She said, now remembering the reports that were on her bed.

Carmen then hugged her.

Carmela was surprised.

"Carmen, what are you...?" She began to say as Carmen now rubbed her back, shushing her.

"It's okay, Mother. Shhh... Shhh. I'm not going to steal from you. I'm here to see June. She's my little sister." Carmen said, comforting her and wiping her mother's tears away, using her black gloves.

Carmela was a little wary.

"I don't think now would be the best time for you to see her, Carmen." She said, looking between her and June's bedroom door.

Carmen was shocked.

"Wh... Why not, Mother? June is my little sister! I have every right to see her!!!" She said, outraged that Carmela wouldn't allow her near June.

Carmela looked at the bedroom door, hearing the breathing machine that June was using.

She sighed.

Should she really let Carmen see June... Especially in June's condition...?

After a while of thinking, she finally relented.

"Alright, Carmen. You may see June but, do me two favors..." Carmela said, now looking back at her.

Carmen crossed her arms.

"Namely...?" She said, in question.

"One, get rid of your henchmen and tell them to go home and second, help me take care of June. Deal?" Carmela said, looking at her oldest daughter with desperation in her eyes.

Carmen smiled and looked at the henchman who was behind her.

The henchman nodded his head yes, in understanding and began to leave.

After Carmen's henchmen left, Carmen sighed.

She was going to be in this for the long haul...